Chief Resilience Officer - City of Lagos
The city of Lagos needs a Chief Resilience Officer (CRO) who will lead other professionals in both state ministries and private sector to build a resilience strategy towards addressing challenges related to, but not limited by key areas such as housing deficiency, creation of jobs to address high rates of unemployment, flooding, poor health facility in a bid to create an efficient city.
The CRO will be the point of contact between the Governor of Lagos State, the City of Lagos and the 100 Resilient Cities team and lead the Resilience strategy development and implementation in the city of Lagos.
He / she will coordinate with the appropriate teams at the state, local, and Federal-where needed government levels to access accurate data to aid the resilience strategy development.
The ideal candidate will engage the relevant key stakeholders to develop and implement resilience policies and strategies to transform the city of Lagos into a more efficient, resilient and sustainable City.
- Create synergy on building resilience between the State, Federal and Local Government Agencies
- Plan, develop and execute an integrated strategy that addresses issues such as unemployment, affordable housing, poor health infrastructure and flooding in a holistic manner.
- Lead the process of policy analysis and bring about policy change to enhance resilience
- Recommend and advance implementation of resilience strategy, closely monitor resilience planning and implementation programs.
- Ensure adequate participation in all resilience strategy technical training
- Administer the budget requirements for both staffing needs/allowances, projects planning and implementation and liaise with other relevant Ministries and harmonize resilience building to achieve the required result.
- Serve as the point of contact for all 100 Resilient Cities programs and administrative activities involving other member cities to ensure seamless collaboration and exchange of ideas, data, training, and relevant information needed in building resilience
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in managerial capacity, experience in administration, project management or implementation.
- Graduate from an accredited university with a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Urban Planning or a related field.
- Must have a good track record and demonstrated success on previous managed projects
- Must have successfully interacted with local planning authorities on relevant projects and initiates.
- Must have experience delivering strategic plans or planning documents.
- Must have experience coordinating international and local stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to lead, drive people to achieve implementation of resilience strategy successfully
- Ability to lead and advocate for resilience strategy development amongst various stakeholders and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively communicate across multi-sectors and in times of uncertainty.
- Must have the skills to manage projects and exhibit excellent interpersonal relationship amongst various teams involved in the resilience building.
Company: International NGO
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Finance Officer (Xero User)||Details|
|Dean of Student and Community Affairs||Details|
|Business Development Manager (IT Infrastructure)||Details|
|Mechanical Engineer - Quarry and Concrete Products||Details|