Mechanical Engineer - Quarry and Concrete Products
Our client, a subsidiary of a highly diversified Ghanaian conglomerate with interests in the construction, property development, logistics, utilities and ICT sectors in Ghana is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to manage and operate a concrete pipe and batching plant. The ideal candidate will report to the General Manager.
- Supervise operation, production, supervision, and major/minor maintenance and servicing of the plant and equipment, i.e. generators and forklifts.
- Develop maintenance plans for the facilities and machinery, and ensure implementation of same.
- Carry out daily mechanical preventive inspections and daily maintenance and pre-checks of plant and equipment.
- Write daily activities reports and maintenance reports.
- Conduct critical equipment condition monitoring.
- Prepare budgets for the development, expansion, operation and maintenance of the unit
- Administer all necessary documentation and report to management with regards to pipe production and delivery in accordance with existing quality procedures.
- Order spare parts and necessary items needed for the plant and equipment.
- Manage stocks of constitutions (cement, fuel, sand, dust and aggregate) and timely order and delivery of cement and other raw materials.
- Assist the Technical Engineers in the day-to-day administration of the factory
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Thorough familiarity with the Ghana construction sector at large along with the regulatory regime
- At least 7 years post-degree experience, including at least 5 years hands-on practical experience ideally in a concrete or block making factory
- Must be familiar with properties (plant and equipment) and specialties of fresh concrete
- Must be assertive and a creative problem solver
- Must be able to complete tasks under tight schedules and pressure
- Must have excellent communication and team leading skills
- Must have analytical, networking and negotiation skills
- Must be results oriented, creative and innovative
Company: Construction Management Company
Industry: Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 7
Educational Level: University
|Finance Officer (Xero User)||Details|
|Dean of Student and Community Affairs||Details|
|Business Development Manager (IT Infrastructure)||Details|
|Mechanical Engineer - Quarry and Concrete Products||Details|