Dean of Student and Community Affairs
Ashesi University College, a distinguished, world class liberal arts and sciences university college that offers majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering is looking to hire a Dean of Student and Community Affairs. The Dean will be responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, healthy, and supportive environment and culture that synthesizes the wholesome development of students in a holistic way. The ideal candidate must prove strong leadership skills and a passion for excellence. A strong sense of ethics and concern for the well-being of students is vital to succeed in this position. S/he should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be self-driven, be a collaborative team member and make room for learning and growth.
Reports to: The President of the University College
- Directs the strategic plan of the Office of Student and Community Affairs and oversees its implementation, consistent with the university’s overall strategic goals.
- Responsible for the development and well-being of students outside the classroom.
- Manages departments that provide student and college-wide support services: Career Services, Student Counselling and Advising, Summer Programs and Community Engagement, Health Center, Student Government, Food Services, Student Housing and Judicial Affairs.
- Provides support to the MasterCard Foundation program at the university college.
- Coordinates with campus and external community leaders in managing co-curricular learning and service opportunities, as well as campus safety and security.
- Helps establish a student culture where diversity and inclusion are valued and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, and exercise leadership.
- Provides leadership in and is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and regulations pertaining to student life.
- Develops and coordinates policies and procedures relative to all student activities, including the annual review and production of Student Handbook and other documents.
- Administers the policies and regulations of the College as they pertain to students, including internal judicial and disciplinary procedures.
- Supervises campus activities such as Graduation, and Freshman Orientation, the official welcome to the university college.
- Sits on cross-departmental committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or that are incidental to the position.
Qualification and Skills
- Must have a Master's or Ph.D degree in Higher Education Administration, Psychology, Sociology or related field with at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in a student-focused academic or administrative environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, sound judgment and strong collaborative skills for team work and consensus building.
- Strong understanding of academic community environment, cross-cultural competence and demonstrated experience advising students on confidential matters.
- Intellectual curiosity about the development of young people and how they navigate young adulthood and tertiary institutions.
- Experience in translating university strategy and taking feedback to plan inclusive campus life for students.
- Ability to learn on the job and encourage team members to learn personal development.
- Experience working with institution-wide strategy.
- Ability to provide evidence of processes and adept at data management.
- Strong computer skills and fluency with the Microsoft Suite, with an ability to gather and disseminate information to team members effectively and efficiently.
- A high level of willingness to build on pre-existing processes.
- Experience at a liberal arts institution is a plus.
Company: Ashesi University College
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Finance Officer (Xero User)||Details|
|Dean of Student and Community Affairs||Details|
|Business Development Manager (IT Infrastructure)||Details|
|Mechanical Engineer - Quarry and Concrete Products||Details|