Senior Network Engineer- Routing & Switching
Our client, an ICT Solutions firm, seeks to hire a Senior Network Engineer to assist with training, designing, configuration and implementation of network solutions and advanced support/maintenance of core network infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be part of a team whose responsibilities include; 24x7 management of NOC (Satellite devices, Routers, Switches, MPLS, Firewalls and Monitoring tools).
- Perform an administrative role for the NOC
- Lead a team of network engineers on projects
- Assign and delegate cases promptly
- Prioritize and distribute workload appropriately
- Reassign tasks when needed
- Receive external requests
- Follow up on all NOC related tickets and ensure tickets are updated and closed appropriately
- Escalate pending and lingering issues to the head of department, consultants and other relevant parties
- Assign emergency team when requested by the NOC
- Ensure maximum network service availability and performance
- Ensure NOC team delivers service within SLA to both internal and external customers
- Conduct network assessment and evaluation.
- Perform configuration and implementation of network devices for deployment of Cisco and Non-Cisco routers and switches such as Cisco 3750 switches, Cisco routers 1900/2900 and HP 5800 devices switches, LAN and WAN routing of IP including HSRP and OSPF.
- Conduct configuration of security appliances like Cisco ASA, PIX firewalls, Fortigate.
- Configure and administer other network devices such VSAT modem, Gilat Hub components, Radwin Radio, WiMax and Alvarion VL.
- Configure SIP Audio code to connect through SIP call manager server for VoiP solution.
- Configure Cisco Unified communication VoiP solution-, IP phone, Call manager express (CME) on routers
- Clearly define and escalate problems to Tier 3 for issues needing further investigation with assistance from shift Manager.
- Conduct proactive maintenance activities designed to ensure optimal operation of the network.
- Conduct advanced technical support for all network related issues under tier 2 category. (Where tier 2 is the second line local support before further escalations)
- Provide operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends
- Periodically analyse and diagnose network trend for predicting avoidable recurrent of network incidents.
- Plan against system weakness, anticipates resources required such as link capacity growth and ensures high network availability and quality
- Ensure that all aspects of the network are thoroughly documented to the effect that all such documentations and network diagrams are always updated and accessible to all relevant teams.
- Report on deployed systems performance/scaling to technical Management.
- Monitor Network for traffic utilization, Network Security, Network device resource utilization & Backups. Monitoring tools to be used include solarwinds, Cacti, PRTG and whatsupgold.
- Manages Network devices using tools like Alvarion BreezeConfig, Alvarion NMS, Gilat NMS, Allot NX and CiscoWorks.
- Train junior colleagues.
- Prepare training manual for knowledge transfer.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in the implementation and management of routers (such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, DMVPN,HSRP, EIRGP, and QoS) and switches (STP, QoS, VLANs, converged networks) in support of a large enterprise
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Must have a CCNP routing and switching or equivalent experience
- Experience in VOIP setup, strong knowledge in Firewalls and knowledge in VSAT technology
- Ability to interpret network monitoring tools
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, proactively recognize needs, anticipate issues, and develop solutions
- Must have good communication skills and be detail-oriented
- Must be organized and have the ability to work closely with creative, technical and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement/re-engineering
Ref. Number: 0853
Company: IT Consulting and Technology
Industry: IT/Computer Services
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|Deputy Managing Director||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer||Details|