Head of Manufacturing (Pharmaceuticals)
Our client, a Ghanaian-owned Pharmaceutical company is seeking to hire a Head of Manufacturing (Pharmaceuticals) who will be responsible for overseeing the management of all areas of manufacturing and direct activities. The ideal candidate will ensure that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Assist other departments in the development and formulation of short and long term strategies, policies, objectives and annual budgets.
- Develop a manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations and ensure that, products conform to the highest quality standards (Min. CGMP).
- Direct and monitor departmental managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Report monthly on targets achieved and variances as per the manufacturing plan.
- Responsible for staffing, training, set performance goals (KPI’s), and take corrective measures on timely basis in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for identifying, recommending and implementing changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Liaise constantly with head of sales and marketing, and supply chain to ensure uninterrupted production, and adjusting the manufacturing plan when required in accordance with demands from sales.
- Responsible for setting out a maintenance program to minimize disruptions to achieving goals as set in the plan.
- Responsible for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Co-operate with quality assurance to ensure compliance with all quality SOPs. Support the quality assurance department with any audits, such as: GMP certifications, government regulatory audits, etc.
- Initiating and coordinating major projects (E.g. plant layout changes, installing capital equipment, repairs etc.)
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned and required.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc. Industrial Engineering, a Science related field or Management. CGMP experience required.
- Minimum of 5 or more years in a related Food or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in supervision of teams, managing the manufacturing process, tracking budget expenses and production planning.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret business periodicals, professional journals and government regulations.
- Experience in international manufacturing audit process and reviews
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team building, coaching and training skills.
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)||Details|
|Senior Network Engineer- Routing & Switching||Details|
|Group General Manager (Hospitality)||Details|
|Business Development Officer||Details|
|Head of Legal||Details|