A Ghanaian-based firm which aims to deliver design excellence, innovation and meaningful built environments by building a team of creative people who are curious to learn and grow professionally seeks to hire an Architect.
Ideal candidates will be responsible for generating and developing design ideas, managing and mentoring team members from concept design through construction administration, and maintaining relationships with clients and consultants.
- Design projects from concept to detailed drawings.
- Post contract work including contract administration, and project supervision, site visits, and meeting reports.
- Prepare client contract for variation discussion and approval.
- Preparing presentation drawings for formal submission to clients.
- Prepare and present designs, briefs and proposals to clients for discussion.
- Collaborate and lead consultants' team in coordinating design work from different specialties-quantity surveying, civil and structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineers, landscaping, and interior design.
- Monitor progress of work.
- Review valuations and certify payments to contractors and monitor cost planning with quality surveyor.
- Maintain contract with clients and statutory authorities.
- Selection of materials and writing specifications.
- Prepare contract documents and precontract scheduling of team work and monitoring for timely completion.
- Ensure health and safety monitoring on site.
- Coordinate specialists.
- Responsible for quality assurance and control in office and on site.
Qualification and Requirements
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Architecture from an accredited higher learning institution is required.
- 5 years of professional architectural experience is required.
Analyzing & Interpreting Data – Drawing meaning and conclusions from quantitative and /or qualitative data.
Attention to Detail – Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products.
Professional & Technical Expertise – Applying technical subject matter to the job.
Design Sense – Creating unique work products that are functional, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing, applying design philosophy of the firm to unique of each project.
Project Management – Planning and tracking projects to ensure they are on-time, on-budget, and achieve their objectives.
Reading Comprehension – Understanding and using written information
Innovation- Imagining and devising new and better ways of doing things.
Teamwork- Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals
Professional Integrity & Ethnics – Maintaining trust through honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability.
Oral Communication – Engaging effectively in dialogue
Writing – Communicating effectively in writing
Leadership – Guiding and encouraging others to accomplish a common goal.
- Construction materials, methods and details.
- Personal management techniques.
- Relevant building laws, codes and regulations of Ghana.
- Architectural design software (eg. AutoCAD, Revit in particular, Lumion, Sketchup etc)
- Use of construction monitoring tools and investigating project sites
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Professional Associate membership of Architect’s Registration Council / Ghana Institute of Architects (5 years)
- A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain transportation between job sites is required.
Ref. Number: 0846
Company: Construction Management Company
Industry: Architectural and Design Services
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Position Filled
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)||Details|
|Senior Network Engineer- Routing & Switching||Details|
|Group General Manager (Hospitality)||Details|
|Business Development Officer||Details|
|Head of Legal||Details|