Head of Legal
A well-diversified insurance company seeks to hire an Legal Company Secretary to provide legal counsel to internal business customers and protect the company’s interest at all times.
The ideal candidate will engage executive level management and assist the management team in managing and mitigating legal and commercial risks - Accountable Executive for all legal risks, and report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise on contracts for and on behalf of the company in a variety of areas and contexts, from simple consulting or confidential agreements to complex insurance agreement.
- Analyse and provide strategic advice and counsel on innovative life insurance products; working with the C.E.O to identify relevant issues and help the company to effectively navigate them.
- Develop strong client relationships with business leaders across the company and providing these clients with the highest level of service through counselling, contract and document review, and negotiation.
- Oversee regulatory responses to customer complaints filed with insurance regulators.
- Ensure the safe custody of all legal and insurance security documents in the custody of the company.
- Participate in the preparation for Board of Directors meetings, including preparation and/or review of resolutions, minutes, meeting agendas and updates on changes in applicable law or regulation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have deep understanding of the regulatory landscape within the insurance industry.
- Significant relevant post-qualification experience in insurance legal matters in a law firm and/or as an in-house lawyer, preferably in a life insurance company
- Must have 10 years post qualification experience.
- Must be called to and in good standing of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Litigation experience will be an added value.
- Must have the desire to function as a true generalist; willing to continually learn new subjects, rather than leveraging expertise in just one or few areas.
- Must have a strategic mind-set and be able to effectively discuss with and advise senior management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations.
Ref. Number: 0874
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)||Details|
|Group General Manager (Hospitality)||Details|
|Business Development Officer||Details|
|Head of Legal||Details|