Executive Head, HR
An insurance company that provides life insurance products seeks to hire HR Manager to act as the trusted advisor to management on people issues and supports management by providing people-metric advice. The ideal candidate will drive the development and implementation of a business-aligned people strategy through policies and procedures to increase performance, deliver company objectives and ensure increasing return on equity for shareholders. He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Will work with the Chief Executive Officer and Heads of Department to develop a proactive resourcing plan for filling critical roles in-line with approved manpower plans and budget.
Learning, Leadership and Talent Management
- Work with the Heads of Department to deploy Leadership Learning and Talent Development solutions within the company and manage the talent pipeline throughout the company.
- Cultivate an environment in which opportunities to develop the skills, experience and behaviours required in the company are identified, and acted on in line with the Learning and Development Framework.
- Provide coaching, relevant advice and facilitation of workshops as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a robust performance management system that measures and monitors organizational and people performance in line with set objectives, including deploying solutions that ensure effectiveness.
- Coach and support Heads of Department with people management issues, while ensuring that legal compliance is maintained.
Rewards and Recognition
- Ensure an effective data driven reward and recognition systems are deployed within the company to ensure the attraction, retention and development of talent while imbibing a culture of pay-for-performance within the company.
Administration and Operations
- Develop and consistently update the company’s policies and procedures, and ensure strict adherence.
- Ensure that employee data management is up-to-date and in-line with the company’s policies and procedures. Operations shall include; on boarding, staff discipline, maintenance of staff files (hard and soft), and collating payroll data.
- Responsible for the preparation and accountable for people budget.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in a relevant field and/or an MBA in Human Resources.
- Must have a recognised professional qualification in Human Resources Management or working towards gaining one.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years progressive HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management position.
- Technical: Strong human resource generalist expertise (Organizational Design and Development, Employee Relations and Engagement, Performance and Reward, Change Management, Learning and Development, and Resourcing).
- Resourcing: Basic knowledge in insurance principles and insurance business concepts with industry staff experience in the recruitment of technology, underwriting, risk management and claims.
- Law: Must have deep working knowledge of the country’s labour laws.
- Financial: Hands-on experience in drawing and managing budget policies, procedures and processes.
- Policy Development: Must have demonstrable skills in writing policies, procedures and processes.
- Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships, influencing, counselling, consulting, negotiation, leadership and conflict resolution. Ability to work under time and people pressure.
- Information Technology: Knowledge and experience of Human Resource Information and Microsoft Systems.
Ref. Number: 0875
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Finalists identified
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Senior Network Engineer- Routing & Switching||Details|
|Business Development Officer||Details|
|Head of Legal||Details|
|Executive Head, HR||Details|