A well-diversified insurance company seeks to hire HR Manager to act as the trusted advisor to management on people issues and supports management by providing people-metric advice. The ideal candidate will drive the development and implementation of a business-aligned people strategy through policies and procedures to increase performance, deliver company objectives and ensure increasing return on equity for shareholders. He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Will work with the Chief Executive Officer and Heads of Department to develop a proactive resourcing plan for filling critical roles in-line with approved manpower plans and budget.
Learning, Leadership and Talent Management
- Work with the Heads of Department to deploy Leadership Learning and Talent Development solutions within the company and manage the talent pipeline throughout the company.
- Cultivate an environment in which opportunities to develop the skills, experience and behaviours required in the company are identified, and acted on in line with the Learning and Development Framework.
- Provide coaching, relevant advice and facilitation of workshops as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a robust performance management system that measures and monitors organizational and people performance in line with set objectives, including deploying solutions that ensure effectiveness.
- Coach and support Heads of Department with people management issues, while ensuring that legal compliance is maintained.
Rewards and Recognition
- Ensure an effective data driven reward and recognition systems are deployed within the company to ensure the attraction, retention and development of talent while imbibing a culture of pay-for-performance within the company.
Administration and Operations
- Develop and consistently update the company’s policies and procedures, and ensure strict adherence.
- Ensure that employee data management is up-to-date and in-line with the company’s policies and procedures. Operations shall include; on boarding, staff discipline, maintenance of staff files (hard and soft), and collating payroll data.
- Responsible for the preparation and accountable for people budget.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in a relevant field and/or an MBA in Human Resources.
- Must have a recognised professional qualification in Human Resources Management or working towards gaining one.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years progressive HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management position.
- Technical: Strong human resource generalist expertise (Organizational Design and Development, Employee Relations and Engagement, Performance and Reward, Change Management, Learning and Development, and Resourcing).
- Resourcing: Basic knowledge in insurance principles and insurance business concepts with industry staff experience in the recruitment of technology, underwriting, risk management and claims.
- Law: Must have deep working knowledge of the country’s labour laws.
- Financial: Hands-on experience in drawing and managing budget policies, procedures and processes.
- Policy Development: Must have demonstrable skills in writing policies, procedures and processes.
- Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships, influencing, counselling, consulting, negotiation, leadership and conflict resolution. Ability to work under time and people pressure.
- Information Technology: Knowledge and experience of Human Resource Information and Microsoft Systems.
Ref. Number: 0875
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)||Details|
|Group General Manager (Hospitality)||Details|
|Business Development Officer||Details|
|Head of Legal||Details|