Deputy Managing Director
Our client, a provider of financial products and services to micro and medium entreprises and low-income households seeks to hire a Deputy Managing Director.
The ideal candidate will report to the Managing Director and shall assist with the overall administration of the financial instuition, providing vision, direction and leadership to the team.
- To lead and manage the overall direction of the entire institution’s operations and ensuring maximum outreach, sustainability, transformation oriented, secure and reputable formal financial institution that provides lending and banking services that meet the needs of the SME Sector.
- Establish control and oversight of the Institution for sound banking practices based on the standard banking laws, rules, regulations and directions of the Bank of Ghana and other related laws of Ghana.
- Review the financial and operational conditions of the Institution, maintain profitable operations and recommend viable alternatives for cost effective operations.
- Prepare a Management Plan that establishes goals and objectives for the management of the Institution and also prepare Key Performance Indicators based on the plan.
- Be responsible for delivery of the overall results of the Institution and to ensure the attainment of its objectives.
- Formulate strategic policies for the Institution and successfully implementing them.
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the Institution.
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees.
- Closely monitoring the operation and financial results against plans and budgets.
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the board of significant changes.
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team.
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Plan and manage the Institution’s resources to ensure optimum utilization and profitability
- Ensure that all regulatory and financial reporting requirements of the Institution are met on time
- Ensure that the Institution obtains the required human resources necessary for the achievement of the objectives.
- Manage, set targets for the staff, and assess their performance and present performance reports to the Board quarterly and annually.
- Manage and conducts annual shareholders’ meetings
- Play active roles in the selection, engagement and supervision of consultants engaged to perform assignments for and on behalf of the company.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
- To directly oversee the digital banking operations of the Company and champion the development of innovative technological products
- To provide expertise, information, advice, and counsel concerning the affairs of the institution to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post graduate degree in Banking and Finance. A professional designation (MBA, CA, CFA) is highly preferred.
- Approximately 10 years of experience with a background in one or more of the following areas: Private Banking, Commercial, Corporate or Investment Banking, Law, Accounting, or Investment Management.
- Familiar with the legal and regulatory frame work of the financial industry
- Sound knowledge of the prudential returns and regulatory requirement of the bank of Ghana
- Proven track record in developing and growing a related business
- Broad perspective of economics and financial markets
- Ability to network and build profile in a given market
- Sales management experience
Company: Micro Insurance
Industry: Business Services - Other
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Deputy Managing Director||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer||Details|