Chief Operating Officer
Ashesi University, a world class liberal arts and sciences university college that offers majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering seeks to hire a Chief Operating Officer.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will provide leadership on daily operations of the university to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of business and administrative functions.
- As a key member of the executive team, the COO is responsible for ensuring a high-quality and economically efficient administration that supports the university’s mission.
- Oversee the administrative integrity of the university and provide leadership in long-range planning; budgeting; and daily operations.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources, Academic Deans and other senior executives, to recruit, retain, and support outstanding staff who continuously add to the university’s excellence.
- Inspire and foster a strong spirit of collegiality and shared accomplishment between faculty members and administrative staff.
- An MBA or its equivalent, a PhD will be an advantage
- Strong project management background, with a demonstrated track record of completing complex projects, is required
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience, managing multi-functional teams
- A strong background in finance and accounting is a plus
- The ability to work well with colleagues and direct reports across a wide range of functions such academics, finance, facilities, human resources, information technology and student services, is crucial in this role.
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Deputy Managing Director||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer||Details|
|Chief Operating Officer||Details|
|Dean of Engineering||Details|
|HR & Operations Research Project Manager (Contract)||Details|