A limited liability company owned by the Government of Ghana seeks to hire Director of Finance.
The ideal candidate will manage, supervise and coordinate the Finance and Accounts function, advice management on financial and corporate issues to guide in decision making.
- Ensure that all financial accounting transactions are properly described, collated, classified and recorded.
- Provide accounting information to DMD, Corporate Services and all other functional units of the company requiring financial information.
- Organize the Finance Directorate to properly maintain relevant documents and accounts to highlight current position in respect of revenue and expenditure and other financial transactions of the company.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of monthly Income and Expenditure reports to management and the board.
- Ensure the preparation of annual budget is responsive to the corporate plan for management and Board approval.
- Access financial operations by ensuring the regular monitoring of the budget by relating financial accounting data to budgeted figures in order to determine variances for necessary management action (s).
- Ensure the efficient maintenance of a fixed asset register.
- Ensure the preparation of cash flow forecast at the beginning of every month.
- Determine the financial opportunities existing on the money and other markets and manage investments.
- Manage the loans/debt portfolio and the trade financing activities, and ensure appropriate treasury management.
- Ensure the existence and regular update of accounting systems and manuals.
- Manage and process statutory deductions and payments, staff payroll, etc.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information and other related reports to management and stakeholders.
- Ensure prudent disbursement of the company’s funds.
- Ensure that systems, procedures and organizational structures are established to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in the Directorate.
- Develop and implement business plans for the Directorate.
- Oversee the Regional Financial Management and Accounting functions.
- Provide inputs for the formulation and review the company’s strategic plan and annual budget proposals.
- Undertake Staff performance review of the Directorate.
- Review performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
Qualification and Requirement
- Must have a degree in Finance/Accounting; having a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience; 4 of which must have been at a senior management level.
- Professional Certification in CIMA or ACCA will be a plus
- Experience in working with a company, partially or wholly, owned by the government
- Ability to negotiate contract terms
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities within set deadlines
- Strong problem solving and creative skills coupled with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to prepare clear and coherent reports
Industry: Energy and Utilities
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|