Director of Legal Division
A government institution seeks to hire Director of Legal Division, to attend to all legal matters of the institution and provide managerial and administrative leadership for the attainment of the objectives of the unit.
- Exercises oversight responsibilities over the Legal Division
- Advise the institution on Legal matters affecting the institution
- Analyse and review all legal documents such as drafted contracts and legal correspondences.
- Draft commercial agreements
- Scrutinize memoranda on which Parliamentary and Cabinet approval must be sought
- Liaise with the Attorney-General’s Department and follow up on actions to be taken in respect of issues referred to the department e.g. legal opinions which are conditions precedent to effectiveness of Credit Agreements and other facilities and Legislations in consultation with relevant stakeholder institutions
- Represent the institution in industrial, commercial and loan negotiations
- Prepare pleadings for civil litigation in cases involving the department
- Appraise the performance of staff under the division
- Collate and submit quarterly reports and deliverables of the Division to the Chief Director
- Ensure that investigations are carried out into reported cases of offences committed within the instituition and its agencies.
- Perform other responsibilities that may be directed by the Minister/Chief Director.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have deep understanding of the regulatory landscape within the public sector.
- Post qualification experience of 10 years
- Must be called to and in good standing of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Must have Litigation experience
- Must have the desire to function as a true generalist; willing to continually learn new subjects, rather than leveraging expertise in just one or few areas.
- Must have a strategic mind-set and be able to effectively discuss with and advise senior management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations.
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|