Deputy Managing Director
A limited liability company owned by the Government of Ghana seeks to hire a Deputy Managing Director to manage the operations of the directorates for effective provision of technical services that should enhance customer satisfaction while ensuring corporate profitability.
Direct Reports by: Heads of: Finance, Human Resources, ICT and Procurement
- Act as deputy to the Managing Director in the executive leadership of the Company across the defined range of functions.
- Primary accountability for Finance, HR, ICT, and Procurement Directorates. Developing appropriate frameworks and ensuring prudent and equitable deployment of resources among these directorates to deliver effective technical services while avoiding wasteful duplication in critical areas.
- To ensure availability of resources in the 4 directorates listed to enable the various regions and districts to meet agreed targets.
- To ensure the development of appropriate financial strategy to ensure the Company maintains a healthy financial position at all times.
- To oversee the preparation of corporate budget and review all financial reports.
- Provide regular information on the financial position of the company to the Board sub-committee of Audit and Finance.
- Ensure that the company always meets its Financial and Legal responsibilities, ie. payment of Social Security of Employees, Tax and others.
- To ensure that the company's ICT investments are continually aligned with its strategic business objectives.
- Ensure the maintenance of an ICT infrastructure that will meet the company's current and future information processing needs.
- Oversee a regular review of the company’s ICT Policy including its Security Strategy
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective energy marketing and sales plans to ensure for the Company.
- To ensure the management of performance contracts with all operating regions in order to meet corporate revenue targets.
- To ensure availability of adequate resources for effective revenue protection activities throughout the Company.
- To ensure the provision of relevant information for tariff negotiations.
- To ensure that procurement of all goods and services undertaken within the Company complies with the Procurement Law and that the company always has value for money.
- To oversee the composition of the Tender Committee and Regional Boards of Survey.
- Shall lead all negotiations with respect to offers for supplier’s credit, loans, bilateral and donor funding agreements.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of first degree in Business Administration, a basic recognized professional qualification in accounting, ICA (GH), ACCA, CIMA and a post graduate degree in related discipline.
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification experience. Ten (10) years of which must be in senior management position.
- Professional certification in Project Management
- Commercially astute with a proven experience of attracting funding.
- Experience in project development and management
- Experience in staff management and supervision
- Experience in developing and maintaining working relationships with senior figures in the company and other institutions.
- Knowledge of relevant elements of the Power Policy
Industry: Energy and Utilities
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 15
Educational Level: University
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|