Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)
A reputable, non-profit organization that was founded on the principle of values-based leadership to address the foremost challenges of our times by fostering enlightened leadership, open-minded dialogue, and promoting regional integration in West Africa, is seeking to hire an Executive Director to further the organization’s vision.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing its strategic vision and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships, to advance the cause of values-based leadership advocacy and organizational growth.
Having operational secretariats in Ghana and Nigeria, the Executive Director will oversee two regional offices, and can be based in either Accra or Lagos. The Executive Director will manage a small team of local staff and volunteers, and report to a Board of Directors in both countries.
- Programs: Design programs and events that will further the cause of the organization in partnership with like-minded organizations across the continent.
- Fundraising: Identify fundraising/revenue-generating strategies that will ensure the continuity of networks and programs, and identify and engage long-term partners who will adopt the organization as part of their corporate social responsibility.
- External Relations: Establish and manage strategic relationships with local and international partners; build the organization’s brand and actively communicate its impact across different media platforms.
- Finance and Administration: Oversee financial management, ensure that funds are used efficiently, and reporting is done transparently, with particular attention to reporting to the Advisory Board.
- Organizational Development: Recruit and retain the best people and develop a healthy work environment to promote staff growth, wellbeing and productivity, as well as work with the various sub-committees, including those on branding, communication, events, and fundraising on the execution of their mandate and oversee any other tasks that may emerge as the organization grows.
Qualifications and Competencies
- The ideal candidate will be a Fellow
- A person of high integrity and moral courage.
- At least a postgraduate degree in any field of study and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- At least 10 years in a managerial role with full responsibility for organizational outcomes.
- Experience across multiple sectors is desirable.
- A skilled negotiator, familiar with non-profit fundraising.
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written, capable of engaging local and international partners at a senior level on program and organizational initiatives
- Skills in program planning, execution, measurement & evaluation.
- Experience in building relationships with leaders on a multi-national level is essential, must be able to acknowledge diversity and leverage it appropriately.
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Head of Credit Operations (Banking)||Details|
|HR Project Coordinator||Details|
|Country HR Manager (NGO)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|