Country HR Manager (NGO)
Our Client, a global humanitarian organization that supports children’s rights and equality for girls, seeks to hire a Country Human Resource Manager, for its Ghana office.
- Develop and implement the Country Human Resource (HR) plans to ensure the organization’s HR needs are met.
- Coordinate activities in recruitment, selection, rewards and learning, and development for country office and program unit staff which supports achievement of the CSP.
- Participate as a member of the Country Management Team to support prudent management of the organization to offer sound technical advice in HR and staff management.
- Support organizational changes in structure, tasks, and people management processes needed to achieve business goals.
- Prepare and manage the country HR budget for effective and efficient use of allocated funds.
- Ensure adherence to HR policy and practices that are consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements that prevent organizational conflicts.
- Maintain up to date country office organization charts, job descriptions and employee records to support current organizational needs.
- Provide coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on all HR issues, promoting fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing disciplinary, grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization.
- Plan and deliver induction for new international and local national staff to enable them to settle faster and easily.
- Conduct annual training needs analysis for all staff, source for, plan and delivers trainings to address performance gaps.
- Support managers and staff in implementing the organization’s Employee Appraisal process.
- Liaise with line managers to develop and maintain succession plans for key roles in the country and Program offices for smooth takeover of the key roles and also implement career development plans.
- Provide management reporting data as required, for instance, People Measures, gender mainstreaming checklist etc for decision making to improve the quality of HR functions.
- Monitor and influence organizational climate and workplace morale through Employee survey actions.
- Facilitate activities that would motivate and support the retention of staff to retain the best staff.
- Put in place measures that create a Health and safety environment for staff and monitor their implementation.
- Responsible for payroll management.
- Has ultimate responsibility of the Human Resources Information System (including Timesheet management) to ensure an updated HR data for easy access and reference
- Generate reports in Employee Central for management decision-making
- Perform any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or an equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an HR generalist management role
- Knowledge of and ability to implement organizational HR policies and practice
- Experience in an HR specialist function, organizational design, performance management, reward management, recruitment and selection, training and development
- Must be a member of a professional association such as IHRMP, SHRM, etc.
- Must have an interest in the mission of the organization
**This position requires about 30% travel within and out of the country
**Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Position Filled
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Ecobank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (Banking)||Details|
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer (E-Commerce)||Details|
|Managing Director (Logistics)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|