Head of Credit Operations (Banking)
Our client, a major player in the Banking and Finance Industry seeks to hire a Head of Credit Operations who will ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
The ideal candidate will manage the overall performance of Credit Operations Unit through which he/she will ensure the team undertakes credit risk underwriting and sanctioning of Retail lending requests received from the Branch Outlets and Scheme Loan Team.
Business Management (Timesplit: 50%)
- Drive the business towards achieving strategic goals and Mission statement by maintaining and implementing robust processes.
- Implement the framework for underwriting all retail lending requests and managing risk within the Retail lending book.
- Build a strong Risk/Retail/Service Delivery partnership that will deliver superior customer service.
- Manage service level agreements with internal customers.
- Ensure all reporting/MI requirements are produced and delivered to recipients within agreed SLAs (internal and external).
- Provide input into the projects on Retail Credit Requirements.
Risk Management Control (Timesplit: 30%)
- Manage any changes on credit risk control and all processes under Credit Operations to ensure fit for purpose and meets the business needs.
- User manual and Guide to management of risk.
- An awareness of debt recovery strategy.
People Management (Timesplit: 20%)
- Manage the performance of the Unit members in terms of ensuring adequate risk management, adherence to process and service standards
- Coach and support the development of team leaders as well as team members.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, and Technical Skills
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ of significant practical experience in a similar role in the banking industry
- Up to date knowledge of Personal Sector lending products
- Good knowledge of Personal Sector sales products
- An awareness of the bank’s customer service standards
- Good knowledge of the Personal and Business Sector credit risk policy
- A good understanding of the bank’s lending policies, principles, and procedures
- Good knowledge of the bank’s lending criteria in the Business and Personal sectors, and the products and services relating to them
- A general knowledge of the International Credit manual, User manual/Scheme loan/Personal Overdraft
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Head of Credit Operations (Banking)||Details|
|HR Project Coordinator||Details|
|Country HR Manager (NGO)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|