Senior Finance Business Partner (NGO)
Our Client, a non-profit organization, committed to developing local content and driving cross-sector growth across the economy seeks to hire a Senior Finance Business Partner, who will partner the Country Director and Leadership team on the strategic planning process, making recommendations and suggesting pro-active strategies to keep the organization on track.
- Provide oversight for and manage all budgets, forecasts and internal financial plans & processes.
- Oversee Cashflow management - Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed to monitor, evaluate and optimize cash-flow and liquidity.
- Develop and monitor budgets and hold functional budget holders accountable to targets.
- Track important KPIs, analyze trends and develop corrective actions to close gaps vs targets.
- Drive business model development with external insights from a competitive environment.
- Co-ordinate audit activities and ensure that the organization meets critical regulatory & legal compliance benchmarks.
- Drive business performance review with senior leadership (monthly/quarterly).
- Supervise the Accounting function( team of 2) to ensure smooth day to day operations.
Qualification and Experiences
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. Certification in CA, CIMA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ solid Finance Business Partnering and/or commercial decision support.
- Strong analytical skills, Excel modeling skills and attention to detail (accounting and reporting accuracy). Familiarity with software like Salesforce and Quickbooks /Tally is key.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to quickly understand new topics.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner and clearly explain Finance concepts to non-Finance stakeholders.
- Experience in driving P&L performance improvements (e.g. closing gaps vs. target) and holding others accountable (particularly peers and senior leadership).
- Experience of working with, presenting to and influencing senior leaders within the organization.
- Experience at working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management methods and the ability to create forecasting models.
- Critical Thinking
- Growth mindset and Bias for action
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong team leadership skills
Ref. Number: 1018
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|Ecobank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (Banking)||Details|
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer (E-Commerce)||Details|
|Managing Director (Logistics)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|