SME Finance Advisor (NGO)
Our Client, a non-profit organization, committed to developing local content and driving cross-sector growth across the economy seeks to hire an SME Finance Advisor, who will be responsible for collaborating with the Project Manager on all aspects of SME finance strategically, technically, and provide operational and administrative input into projects and interventions.
Planning & Coordination
- Keep up-to-date on SME finance best practices and emerging developments in Ghana and advising SMEs and stakeholders.
- Programme design: assess existing SME Finance development programmes and global best practices to develop the best model to scale up medium enterprises.
- Coordinate activities and required resources to support successful execution of programme activities, working well with technical and operational staff.
- Scan the local environment, determine key success factors and bring relevant players on board.
- Coordinate with other industry players and initiate a dialogue for collaboration where deemed feasible.
- Work with other PM and Advisory Board to define and implement programme activities.
Compliance and Audit
- Adhere to all internal procurement processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain budgets, provide monthly forecasts on spending and projected budget needs.
- Ensure relevant programme documentation is in place to support activities as per internal audit procedures.
- Ensure follow-up with partners and other stakeholders to agreed deliverables and programme parameters.
Writing and Editing
- Communicate ideas well and secure approvals through project concepts.
- Capture succinctly, the relevance of selected programme activities to strategic objectives through project plans and other internal approval documents.
- Periodically reporting to donors’ progress on activities pursued as indicated in the approved annual work plans.
- Document activities leading to success for purposes of organizational learning.
- Implement procedures and document processes as per the organization’s policy.
Budgeting and Financial controls
- Monitor funding commitments, project spending against budget, preparation and submission of required program progress and financial reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure financial processes comply with relevant sections of the financial manual, Donor and Fund Manager compliance protocols, and other partnership standards.
- Anticipate major costs and cash flow requirements in order to mobilize appropriate funding streams.
- Initiate processes and collate relevant information for the contracting of external consultants, companies, partnership agreements as required.
- Coordinate with and provide timely information to staff members involved in SME financing, preparations and training of SMEs, Pitch events and financing referral and follow up.
- Ensure that SMEs and partners follow contract stipulations, deliverables, and timely reporting.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Manage all areas of M&E, to ensure that internal monitoring is carried out effectively and that external impact evaluations are being conducted in the manner intended.
- Develop and track relevant Project documents and systems such as the Logframe, M&E Framework and monitoring tools.
- Apply the internal monitoring and evaluation system in collaboration with the project team to ensure accurate record keeping, adequate and relevant data collection and analysis.
Qualification and Experiences
- Must have a minimum of a Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- Must have Eight (8) or more years’ professional experience, including at least Eight years in banking preferably in retail banking and/or banking for SMEs.
- Good knowledge of bank credit risk management policies, procedures and best practices in lending to SMEs.
- Must have Seven (7) years’ of experience as a Business Advisor.
- Must be a Strategic thinker with a proven ability to manage people, processes, and projects to achieve developmental objectives in line with operational guidelines.
- Must be able to create and manage effective relationships with private sector representatives and clients.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Must be able to execute across a broad array of stakeholders.
- Must be able to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
Ref. Number: 1019
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Contract
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 8
Educational Level: University
|Ecobank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (Banking)||Details|
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer (E-Commerce)||Details|
|Managing Director (Logistics)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|