Managing Director (Agribusiness)
An agribusiness company that manufactures and distributes livestock and poultry feed, feed input materials and animal health products, seeks to hire a Managing Director.
The Managing Director shall control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission, and long-term goals.
Reporting Relationships: The Managing Director reports to the Board. The position works with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to the board and Chairperson so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are effectively communicated across all levels and functions in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments, and other business ventures;
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of line managers, providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Read all submitted reports by managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Develop/supervise and provide coaching to direct reports to ensure that organizational culture is always fit for purpose.
- Develop/implement general workforce administration policies and programs in the areas of communications, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety.
- Develop/support planning for future production workforce needs and participate in the selection of employees.
- Responsible for developing strong leaders and a more diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent. Incorporate diversity in succession planning and job fulfillment.
- Implement/support Plant/Business operational/reliability/safety training programs and monitor employee performance records on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Accountable for workforce planning and accountable for successful training and onboarding of new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
- Lead and implement systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Hold direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and identify/leverage best practices in engagement.
- Administer/prepare and control capital and operating budgets to achieve short-and medium-term financial performance objectives set by the business. Ensure and hold direct reports accountable for meeting and controlling operating expenses and established targets.
- Prepare/consolidate manufacturing P&L budgets/metrics and understands how expenditure/costs impact businesses margins and pricing. Forecast the overall volume of orders and inventory turns/costs. Partner with procurement/sales departments to establish the best sourcing/pricing practices.
- Accountable for deploying capital investments projects needed by the business. Partner/support with appropriate departments to align medium/long-term businesses strategic goals in the development of plant capital investment strategies. Ensure capital projects objectives and scope are consistent with business strategy and technology strategy.
- Prepare capital commitments with direct/indirect responsibility for project work, controls, and completion. Build reliability and process safety management into capital projects. May directly implement, execute and deploy capital investments projects in accordance with pre-approved budgets and by using proper project management tools/practices.
Essential minimum requirements
- At least an MBA, or Graduate-level qualification in Business Administration/Management, Agricultural, Process or Industrial Engineering
- At least 10 years’ experience working in executive level for Poultry and Feedmill operations
- Willing to live in Kumasi and or near Tanoso
- Must have demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Project Manager (IT)||Details|
|Managing Director (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Sales Manager (Oil & Gas)||Details|
|Production Manager (Agribusiness)||Details|