Quality Control Manager (Agribusiness)
An agribusiness company that manufactures and distributes livestock and poultry feed, feed input materials and animal health products seek to hire a Quality Control Manager .
The Quality Control Manager (Animal Feed) will supervise production to ensure the output at each stage of production meets specifications and quality standards.
The Quality Manager reports to the Managing Director and will be considered a Board Employee. The position works with a high degree of responsibility.
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice for Total Quality Management, a vision, and strategy for quality management, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance on activities that impact on quality.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality activities
- Manage, direct and develop the quality control staff
Environment, Health, and Safety
- Develop and install processes, procedures, and systems required to manage Environment, Health, and Safety
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Audit and control general factory conditions (safety and hygienic production operations
Quality Assurance and Control
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance. Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System
- Conduct routine on-site internal audits of suppliers and production process & equipment to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, customer required certifications, and company prescribed standards
- Oversee raw material and product sampling, perform quality measurements and prepare analysis for products to ensure compliance with all quality criteria
- Assists management in maintaining the Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions necessary to achieve quality standards in manufacturing and finished produce
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures, compliance with Good
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of customer requirements and external certification bodies
- Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions, full analysis, error proofing and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Lead regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand for needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Set department KPIs, ensure KPIs are working in line with the overall strategy approved by the Board and to review and assess ongoing performance
Essential Minimum Requirements
- University qualification in Applied Sciences, Chemistry, Quality Management or Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Demonstrable experience in a medium to large manufacturing environment with 7 years’ experience in quality assurance departments
- Experience with developing QA/QC processes
- Working knowledge of HACCP, ISO (22,000, 14001) and other industry standards
- Demonstrable experience leading improvement initiatives
- Ability to develop, administer and manage an effective and proactive Quality Management System
- Demonstrable general management skills
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 7
Educational Level: University
|Reporting and Analytics Manager||Details|
|Francophone Communications Coordinator (NGO)||Details|
|Senior Data Engineer||Details|
|Business Development Manager (Oil and Gas)||Details|