General Manager (Insurance)
A leader in the insurance industry is looking to hire a General Manager, who will be accountable for improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the company’s operations.
- Participate in business strategic planning and oversee the formulation and achievement of operational plans and budget.
- Collaborate with other business leaders to achieve business goals related to people management, distribution, expense management, regulatory compliance and good governance.
- Oversee the membership uptake, billing, provider relations, claims processing and client services functions of the business to achieve set objectives, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Lead the process to understand and meet client value proposition. Manage relationship with key clients to ensure satisfaction, resulting in renewal of existing contracts.
- Design, review and implement appropriate internal business processes, controls and procedures in back-office operations.
- Provide leadership and strong people management to drive the operations team towards the consistent achievement of desired results.
Key Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field is required.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a managerial position in the Insurance industry, preferably in Health Insurance.
- A medical/paramedical background will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general insurance principles, laws and regulations pertaining to the health insurance industry in Ghana.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Ability to produce high level reports that are meaningful for strategic decision making.
- Financial literacy, analytical reasoning, and quantitative ability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and prudently manage capital resources.
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation. Ability to plan, organise resources and execute plans.
- Must have a strong client/stakeholder orientation.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to organisational values.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ref. Number: 1039
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 8
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|General Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Manager (IT)||Details|
|Sales Manager (Oil Marketing Company)||Details|
|General Manager (Oil Marketing Company)||Details|