Business Development Associate
Our client, an NGO, seeks to hire a Business Development Associate who is passionate about advocacy, especially concerning senior citizens (aged) in Ghana. The candidate will take up the prime responsibility of growing the organization through recruiting new members and securing new partnership and fundraising opportunities. Coordinate key activities that fall within the domain of the organization, assist in getting it properly established and running, while keeping sustainable growth in mind.
The ideal candidate will report to the Executive Director.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board to design and outline the strategy and identify opportunities to design programs in alignment with the goals of the organization.
- Work with the Executive Director to design programs, outline the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment and reporting processes.
- Conduct Internet research to identify potential funding sources and document the requirements, draft grant applications, competition submissions following the instructions of the various funding organizations.
- Create attractive overview documents that can be used in publicizing the organization and building relationships.
- Identify events and activities that could serve as a platform for the organization to gain visibility and build relationships, and representation on such platforms.
- Work with the executive director and web developer to design, build and maintain all on- and offline databases of members, partners, vendors, supporters, program participants for the organization. This will include the heavy use of Google drive and other Google products.
- Thoroughly assess the website and ensure that website information is consistently and constantly updated and the site positions the organization as a key player in ageing in Ghana.
- Manage content shared via selected social media outlets (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) and convert followers to members and partners.
- Identify opportunities to generate revenue from third-parties via advertising and content-sharing partnerships on the website.
- Proactively identify tools and document operational processes procedures and other measures that will reduce cost, increase effectiveness and grow the organization
- Grow the organization in terms of people, scope, quality of work and reach of its impact.
- Ensure proper budgeting and financial recordkeeping.
- Supervise volunteers and any temporary employees/contractors as assigned.
- Conduct desktop research to understand the working context of the organization and prepare documents that outline the context, challenges and prospects.
- Identify research opportunities for the organization – potential collaboration with other organizations to gather and share relevant information on ageing in Ghana.
- Help with the planning of events from the conception of ideas to documentation and execution.
- Conduct initial research to inform the planning process; this includes making inquiries and generating budgets for programs/projects.
- Identify target audiences and advertising strategies to secure their commitment to participate.
- Coordinate all correspondence and secure commitments from various partners in writing.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in business/nonprofit administration or economics.
- Passion about, or a willingness to learn about this area of advocacy (aged) is important
- Knowledge of, and experience in the use of Microsoft Office products and other software
- A background or interest in website design, the creative arts and design is a plus
- Strategic and analytical thinking – an entrepreneurial/problem-solving mindset
- A proactive and initiative-taking attitude and approach to work
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize multi- and mono-tasking
- Strong research, proofreading and writing skills
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Part-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Reporting and Analytics Manager||Details|
|Francophone Communications Coordinator (NGO)||Details|
|Senior Data Engineer||Details|
|Business Development Manager (Oil and Gas)||Details|