Francophone Communications Coordinator (NGO)
A pan-African research network, which conducts public attitude surveys on Democracy, Governance, Economic Conditions, and related issues in African countries seeks to hire a Francophone Communications Coordinator who will disseminate information on the organization’s programs to other partner offices in Francophone West Africa.
- Manage the flow of partners and network communications activities and outputs in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Work with the organization’s partners to develop tailored national communications strategies that include media/stakeholder analysis, timely and relevant dissemination plans, and outreach and follow-up activities to promote continuous stakeholder engagement.
- Work with partners to ensure the planning and execution of timely, high-quality results-dissemination events and publications in accordance with contract requirements.
- Review, edit, and finalize partners' dissemination materials such as press releases, PowerPoint presentations, summaries of results, and analytical papers to ensure that content is of acceptable quality and that, form matches the organization’s templates/formats.
- Proactively identify opportunities for the organization and its partners to:
- Inject data into emerging and ongoing policy debates by tracking current events in partner countries, engaging with relevant policy actors and media, etc. Examples: “Hot” issues in supported countries, international/national observances, platforms for engagement with key government officials, media leaders, and civil society organizations working in relevant areas.
- Build and strengthen partnerships with stakeholders, policy actors, and potential donors at local, national, regional, continental, and global levels.
- Help partners initiate and maintain a social media strategy.
- Serve as liaison between supported partners and the organization’s regional/central staff, including providing regular updates about progress and challenges in NP dissemination/communications efforts. Ensure timely reporting via organization’s M&E system and periodic reports.
- Assist the organization’s communications team in developing and implementing a continent-wide communication's strategy.
- Help the organization expand its database of journalists, civil-society, academic, and policymaker contacts.
- Provide public briefings and media representation on behalf of the organization’s, and support presentations/interviews by other network members.
- Promote the organization by creating high-quality communications outputs (e.g. press releases, blog posts, infographics, photographs, videos, podcasts, interviews, etc.)
- Support the organization’s social media campaigns and work with the digital media officer to ensure that website content is up-to-date.
- Provide occasional translation assistance when necessary.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and preferably post-graduate studies in journalism or communications.
- Must have had at least 3-5 years' of related work experience.
- Experience in networking with policymakers such as members of parliament and local government leaders.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-national environment.
- Fluency (native) in French; professional competency in English. Proficiency in Portuguese not required but a major advantage.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience with, or demonstrated aptitude for, basic data analysis.
- Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to use of rapidly changing technology.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; experience with SPSS is desirable but not required; experience with video-editing software is an advantage but not required.
- Willingness to travel frequently in the West Africa region, and occasionally beyond.
Ref. Number: 1062
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|Reporting and Analytics Manager||Details|
|Francophone Communications Coordinator (NGO)||Details|
|Senior Data Engineer||Details|
|Business Development Manager (Oil and Gas)||Details|