Our client in the construction industry interested in building a talent pipeline, seeks an Accountant. The successful candidate will provide leadership for daily operations in general accounting, tax, corporate governance, audit, cash management, journal entries, general ledger and budget planning.
- Supervise the raising of Purchase Orders.
- Make sure Purchase Orders are approved before purchases are made.
- Ensure that supplier invoices are validated on time to prevent delays in payments.
- Reconcile all temporary accounts of all invoices and entries into SAP.
- Reconcile all temporary accounts and ensure that the balances are closed at end of month.
- Process Interim Payment Certificate (IPCs) for Sub-contractors and manage the subcontractor's flow.
- Request for funds from the parent company's Treasury.
- Promptly pay suppliers' and sub-contractors' invoices.
- Negotiate credit terms with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Conduct monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Supervise monthly payroll preparation and ensure that all related taxes are paid to the appropriate authorities.
- Ensure all salary-related costs are captured in SAP.
Tax Planning and Administration
- Ensure appropriate withholding taxes are deducted when payments are being made.
- Review PAYE/ SSNIT returns on a monthly basis before payment.
- Review VAT computation on a monthly basis before payment.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Supervise audit process from the beginning to the end.
- Conduct inter-company reconciliation with other sister companies in the group.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant.
- Must have at least 6 years' relevant working experience.
- Having an Audit background will be an added advantage.
- Must have exposure in working with a multinational companies.
- Must be methodical, meticulous, calm and patient.
- Must have good aptitude for financial controls and good knowledge of procedures and office software tools.
- Fluency in English or Spanish is desirable.
Knowledge of using accounting software such as SAP, Oracle, Envision, SUN etc.
Industry: Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|Chief Executive Officer (Healthcare)||Details|
|Site Engineer(MEP)-Plumbing (Pipeline)||Details|
|General Manager (Healthcare)||Details|
|Site Engineer(MEP)- Mechanical (Pipeline)||Details|