Chief Finance Officer
A Financial Solutions Provider with specialty in life insurance products seeks to hire a Chief Finance Officer.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all financial management of the company such as; Capital Management, Expense Management, Financial Planning and Projections, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Relationships, Risk Management and Tax Planning. He/she will report to the Chief Executive Officer and supervise the finance team.
- Responsible for the preparation of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate systems of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risks.
- Enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that, the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards.
- Ensure that, the cash flow position of the company is healthy at all times.
- Provide direction, ongoing management and technical guidance to the department. This includes, the preparation and monitoring of operational budget for expenses and revenues, financial reporting and analysis of industry's comparative data.
- Manage the company’s premium collection process and oversee the processing of premium/claim payments.
- Develop and manage systems of internal controls of the company's transactions such as; billing clients, premium and commission calculations, collections and disbursement of funds, financial assets and liabilities.
- Ensure that accounts payables are paid on a timely manner, receivables are collected promptly, payroll is processed timely, periodic bank reconciliations and maintain an orderly accounting filing systems.
- Act as the primary financial regulatory contact for all regulators (Insurance Commission, etc.) as well as internal and external auditors for both ongoing financial reporting requirements and financial examinations.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed, such as; adhering to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk mitigating controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies.
- Ensure that, the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards.
- Develop and maintain capital and operational budget of the company.
- Responsible for the people management of the department through; upskill team members, mentor and develop independent thinking skills, and behaviours in team members.
- Attend Board and sub-committee meetings as well as being a member of the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Assist in the design, implementation and timely calculation of wages and commissions of staff.
- Oversee the maintenance of all fixed assets inventory of the company.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or an MBA in Accounting/Finance. A professional qualification such as ACCA or equivalent from a recognized institution is desireable.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive finance related experience, preferably in a Financial or Insurance Industry, 4 of which must be at a management level.
- Must have deep up-to-date knowledge of IFRS reporting standards.
- Strong understanding of business models for generating customer/shareholder value.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills coupled with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Ref. Number: 0890
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Interviewing
Years of Experience: 7
Educational Level: University
|General Manager (Healthcare)||Details|
|Deputy Managing Director||Details|
|Chief Operating Officer||Details|
|Dean of Engineering||Details|