Dean of Engineering
Ashesi University, a world class liberal arts and sciences university college that offers majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering seeks to hire an inspired, inspiring and entrepreneurial Dean, to strengthen and shape the future of engineering excellence in one of Ghana’s finest institutions of higher learning.
The Dean will report to the Provost and serve on the Academic Council.
- Ensure a high-quality and economically efficient Engineering program that reflects the university’s mission and educates graduates capable of designing and building solutions to address Africa’s challenges.
- Oversee the academic integrity of the Engineering program and support long-range planning; curriculum development; research; grant writing; and program development.
- Work with the Provost to ensure compliance with accreditation stakeholders.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources, academic deans and other senior executives to recruit, retain, and support an outstanding faculty, to make positive contributions in teaching; research & innovation; and service.
- Inspire and foster a strong spirit of collegiality and shared accomplishment between faculty members and administrative staff.
- Provide leadership in curricular, instructional, fundraising, and research affairs in the Faculty of Engineering.
- A PhD in a field relevant to the University’s Engineering program
- An academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor, or their equivalent
- A minimum of ten (10) years teaching/research/industrial experience in higher education
- Must be comfortable working across Engineering disciplines such as Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualified candidates seeking a two-year sabbatical for this role will be considered
- The ability to work well with colleagues from a wide range of academic disciplines and administrative functions such finance, operations, and student services, is crucial in this role.
Company: Ashesi University College
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Group and Financial Reporting Manager||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|
|Tax and Financial Accounting Manager||Details|