Country Head of Corporate Real Estate Services, CRES
The successful candidate will lead the CRES function and strategy for the bank, which includes providing Real Estate, Facilities Management, Capital Projects, Engineering and other services across the portfolio, and will be responsible for all components of property risk (excel Security), MI and compliance. He/She will also be responsible for building and developing a high performing CRES team in country, and the day to day management of the team, including succession, talent development, training, recruitment, performance and activity management.
Portfolio/Supplier Management (15%)
- Ensure the property portfolios are appropriately managed on a day-to-day basis, including Facilities Management, Reactive and Preventative Maintenance (RPM), Engineering, Lease Renewal and Refurbishment activities.
- Drive savings through space, process and cost efficiency, working in conjunction with Sourcing on procurement initiatives.
- Manage the outsourced supply chain, ensuring appropriate level of Supplier Relationship Management.
Business Management (20%)
- Act as an expert referral point for Operations strategy as it relates to property, premises, facilities management and safety and health disciplines.
- Support the Operations Management team to deliver the Operations strategy within the function through providing regular advice.
- Contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions for Operations in the country based on analysis of past performance and best practice management information in the market.
- Budget accountability:
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department in terms of cost performance
- Responsible for strict cost management for the team by conducting detailed analysis, on a monthly basis, of the following cost elements:
- Overtime approvals
- Equipment maintenance
- Stationary consumption/telephones etc.
- Sundry losses
- Staff costs
- Identify initiatives of reducing costs and initiate projects to implement cost-saving measures.
- Property/Premises Accountability
- Disposal and maintenance of property/leased premises
- Provision and maintenance of furniture, fittings and equipment
- Inventory management
- Liaison with key change programmes to understand impacts and requirements on property portfolio, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Lease negotiations, renewals and terminations
- Facilities Management Accountability
- Provision of archive, courier, driver, switchboard and reception facilities and stationery
- Ensure all facilities’ Gensets, AC’s and all related issues are satisfactory at all times
- Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Accountability
- Delivery of a safe environment for employees and customers of the Bank
Lease Administration and Reporting (5%)
- Ensure availability and integrity of data to enable the delivery of consolidated real estate reporting, including key metrics across the country portfolio/asset types.
- Own the Real Estate financial budget.
- Ensure lease data is complete and accurate; manage all lease events, with appropriate approvals.
Property Policies and Risk Management Reporting (10%)
- Ensure that the country team is compliant with all Group and local regulations and policies, including delivery of all Property Risk and Compliance Attestations.
- Manage real estate risk and deliver real estate risk reporting covering areas such as PRR, risk events and dispensation and waivers.
- Manage any property related audit issues.
- Act as a point of escalation for all audit findings within own function.
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure robust and timely closures.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department for risk management.
- Maintain proper governance and controls relating to property management and procurement activity, which are compliant with Group directives/guidelines.
- Comply with local Health & Safety / Buildings / Environmental regulations.
- Ensure that accounts payable are reconciled and authorised prior to payment
- Develop, agree and apply appropriate supporting property standards, e.g. density of occupation, reusable standard layouts, etc.
Company CRES Strategy and Engagement (10%)
- Maintain the CRES and Portfolio Medium and Short Term Plans for the bank, work with In-country BU and Real Estates Team to ensure alignment with overall business and CRES strategy.
- Manage internal stakeholders through periodic meetings and reporting.
- Support Regional CRES Head in the production of business cases for change projects including financial options evaluation and P&L financial impacts analysis plus critical reasoning, with support from CRES, ensure governance is complied with at all times.
- Deliver on strategy via real estate transactions, supply chain management etc.
People Management/Functional Excellence (20%)
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
- Discuss and finalize Performance Development Plans and ratings for all members of staff.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis by summarizing needs identified during the quarterly Performance Development process and by liaising with the HRBP and Head of Learning and Development.
- Draft succession plans for all team members and update them at least annually.
- Identify talent candidates in the team and ensure that additional development opportunities are created for high potential employees.
- Responsible for hiring direct reports based on short-lists of candidates compiled by HR
- Conduct exit interviews for all employee-initiated departures from the bank.
- Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc.) and submit to HR for record keeping.
- Directly responsible for discipline for members of own team
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the bank’s recognition schemes.
- Create an empowering environment for team members, encouraging individual ownership and initiative.
Customer Service (20%)
- Provide close support for individual business areas/projects with specific requirements. Assisting business to understand its full requirements, demand challenge of requirements, sourcing options proposals from market place, analysis and cost analysis.
- Work closely with business areas to ensure that implementation projects are incepted and delivered. Accountable for delivery of property benefit.
- Institute and analyze a quarterly internal customer perception survey.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department for the customer experience based on the internal service survey.
- Drive change initiatives and re-negotiate stretching SLAs with suppliers to ensure the internal customer service bar is continuously raised.
- Ensure completion of RCA Control Testing process and resolution of all Operational Risk Management issues raised.
- Review snap checks carried out in the department. Own results and follow-up with Team Leaders for all logged snap check issues for resolution.
- Understand the appropriate Group and Policies & Standards applicable to the role.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) within the area of operation thereby contributing to the adherence to the Group Risk and Control Framework.
- Ensure that practices and controls required by Policies are communicated to all relevant colleagues
- Ensuring compliance with the Group process for applications for waivers and dispensations, and the notification of breaches of Policies as appropriate
Experience & Qualification
- A Master’s Degree in Building Sciences, with the related professional certifications
- Advanced Finance and Accounting knowledge and qualification
- Proven experience in project management
- At least 7 years’ experience in a senior level in a corporate real estate environment.
- Experience with the interpretation and development of management information, ideally in a global or pan-African organization
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 7
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|General Manager (Healthcare)||Details|
|Deputy Managing Director||Details|
|Head, Strategic Partnerships and Digital Solutions||Details|
|Country Head of Corporate Real Estate Services, CRES||Details|
|Regulatory Affairs/Product Development Pharmacist||Details|