A Retail company seeks to hire a Country Manager. The ideal candidate, with a commercial skillset, managerial competencies and strong adherence to financial and compliance procedures, will be responsible for managing the general operations of the store.
- Develop company’s store concept in the respective country.
- Ensure the store is ever ready to receive customers.
- Develop a B2B sales channel for office furniture sales to local companies.
- Monitor all customer complaints and ensure responsiveness from the team to such issues.
- Ensure there is an excellent relationship with the customer, from the purchasing decision through to final delivery, with high customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to achieving key qualitative objectives (such as; breakage, shrinkage, customer returns, etc.)
- Guarantee good management of the shop-floor and storage areas, in accordance with all existing procedures.
- Provide accurate and detailed management of stock based on customer needs, tastes, and demands.
- Permit a constant flow of information upwards to the central teams in terms of pricing and product mix. Continuously bring forward suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure that products on campaign or promotions are readily visible and available in the stores
- Guarantee full adherence to the commercial policies and marketing instructions regarding sales price, displays, positioning of sales tags, etc.
- Ensure the successful launch of any promotional and commercial campaigns, with the objective of boosting customer traffic and sales
- Oversee the maintenance (with third parties if needed) of all technical equipment in the store (elevators, lighting, brand signage, hygiene, security, etc.)
- Maintain good product display, keep a watchful eye on the team regarding product presentation on a daily basis
- Share constant feedback with the head office on the commercial directives of the store and supervise the proper application of the visual merchandising policy
- Constantly follow up on key management indicators and proper application of all store procedures: discounts, returns, customer advances, receivables, markdowns, etc.
- Overall supervision and management of the key functions (commercial, human resources, finance, logistics, etc.)
- Responsible for coordination and motivation of the sales function
- Manage internal conflicts within the team, and high capacity to withstand stress
Qualification and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. A Post-graduate degree is a strong advantage.
- Must have about 10 years’ experience in a commercial role. Experience in the retail industry will be an added advantage.
- Must have experience in managing a business towards stated objectives in terms of: customer mix, sales per square meter, average basket size, stock turnover, and store merchandising.
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound commercial acumen: listener, affable, patient, negotiation abilities, strong sense of service
- Ability to work in a cross-disciplinary manner with the teams located at the head office.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate and relate with various counterparties in different settings and different levels of organizations.
Industry: Investment Holding
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|