Head of Management Information (MI), Business Intelligence (BI), and Data
Our client, a major player in the Banking and Finance Industry seeks to hire a Head of Management Information (MI), Business Intelligence (BI), and Data to provide leadership to build a world class MI & Data team. The role requires detailed working knowledge of the following business units: Corporate and Investment Banking, encompassing Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, COO, Digital, Fin Crime, Customer Complaints, Operations, etc.
Overall Job Purpose
- Develop a strategy for the automation of Management Information (MI), including the provision of a road map for the deployment of advanced data interrogation software aligned to the Group strategy
- Coordinate the analysis of data and the production of MI products that enables the identification of trends and recommendations for improving business performance for Ghana
- Ensure the effective execution and consolidation of information for critical management committees
- ExecutE the delivery of next generation MI products and enabling dynamic data drill down
- Implement the Target Operating Model transforming the current state into the best in class center for trusted information.
- Lead the country MI teams responsible for contributing to performance reporting and the provision of MI.
Key Accountabilities and Time Split
Stakeholder Management (Time Split 40%)
- Develop and maintain relationships with the key stakeholders in-country to ensure a holistic view of the reporting of Management Information
- Establish and maintain relationships with the leaders of the business, unit heads and their immediate colleagues to develop performance metrics that assist performance management
- Lead projects to identify root causes of lagging indicators and develop solutions with the respective functions to improve overall performance to benefit the bank
Management of MI Transformation Initiatives (Time Split 30%)
- Identify and execute MI transformation initiatives in line with the Group’s strategy.
- Oversee the management of Strategic MI Programs through liaison with key stakeholders such as Business Sponsors, Africa Technology, and the Change Function.
- Strategize and lead a "Centre of Excellence" culture through the best process design, people and systems.
Leadership & Management of MI and Data Functions (Time Split 30%)
- Provide guidance and leadership to the MI team, while instilling a culture of effective Management Information Reporting
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships within own team and wider team to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Play a leadership role in ensuring sound HR practices and adherence to Group policies and standards within the business unit/function.
- Coach, mentor and develop managerial staff members to ensure they display sound management behaviors and skills.
- Strategize, and execute succession planning, talent management and performance management programs
Role/Person Specification, Desired Skills, and Competences
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- At least 10 years working experience in the Financial Services industry
- Proven managerial experience, working with Management Information, Business Intelligence and Analytics in a financial services environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Networking, stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking skills
- Able to adapt and respond to change
- Persuasion and decision making skills
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|