Director of Maintenance (Aviation)
Our Client, a global leader in helicopter transportation seeks to hire Director of Maintenance. The Director of Maintenance will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the maintenance, repairs and alteration of aircrafts and its parts; ensure jobs are completed efficiently, within regulatory guidelines and projected deadlines, manage annual budgets for maintenance, and ensure optimal utilization of personnel and other resources.
Reports to: Accountable Manager
- Advise the Accountable Manager in all matters pertaining to maintenance.
- Ensure that, all special equipment or test apparatus recommended/required by the manufacturer or equivalent apparatus/equipment that is acceptable to the GCAA, is available and serviceable for use by AME’s.
- Plan, schedule, implement and control staff functions to Maintenance Operations, Maintenance Training, and Supply Control.
- Direct and administer continuous Quality Control through surveillance and analysis of various facets of Maintenance Operations to ensure the strictest adherence to company standards.
- Review the latest Civil Aviation Regulations and other guidance materials to determine its applicability to Company Operations and disseminate conclusions to personnel having direct responsibility for Maintenance Standards and Specifications.
- Coordinate the documentation and presentation of changes in the aircraft maintenance policies and requirements to GCAA and other Civil Aviation agencies concerned.
- Coordinate the various activities of the Maintenance Organization as necessary with the GCAA and other appropriate offices.
- Ensure each maintenance location is sufficiently staffed and equipped to fulfil the requirements of their functions. Delegate authority during lengthy periods of absence.
- Issue or direct the issuance of Certificate of Maintenance Review in respect of Company Aircraft and in accordance with the requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Conduct research, analyses and initiate necessary measures to effectively contain major and/or respective problems encountered in the aircraft and power plant system.
- Study analyses and issue instructions on mandatory modifications to meet implementation target issued by any of the following entities; GCAA, Aircraft manufacturer, Power plant manufacturer and Component manufacturer.
- Direct provision of material and components for the aircraft maintenance program in coordination with the GCAA approved Aircraft Maintenance Organization purchasing department
- Coordinate external agency maintenance contracts, including; Contractual terms and conditions, Work content definitions, Price negotiations, Completion schedules, Support services, Contract performance monitoring, Evaluation. Ensure compliance with company’s policies process.
- Coordinate with aircraft, power plant, and component manufacturers all related problems that require immediate action.
- Analyse and issues trouble–shooting recommendations to maintenance for abnormal characteristics of aircraft power plant based on engine parameters recorded on the Aircraft Technical Log.
- Consolidate, analyse, monitor and provide trouble–shooting recommendations to maintenance for repetitive aircraft, avionics and power plant system problems.
- Ensure that the corrective actions and follow–up generated from audits, evaluations, and quality inspections within Maintenance are successfully completed and documented.
Qualification and Requirements
- At least a BSc in Engineering. An MSc in Engineering will be an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 10 years work experience
- Possess a valid AME license and must have three years of rotor wing experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- Must have good writing and communication skills
Industry: Aerospace and Defense
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Director of Maintenance (Aviation)||Details|
|Head of Management Information (MI), Business Intelligence (BI), and Data||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|
|Learning and Development Manager||Details|