Business Development Executive
A transport and logistics company seeks to hire a Business Development Executive. Reporting to the Managing Director and working in close collaboration with the Finance & Administration and Operations Managers, the Business Development Executive will be responsible for identifying opportunities, evaluating its fit with the company vision, negotiating and closing deals.
- Generate business revenue in accordance with agreed targets within the overall Marketing & Sales plan.
- Implement business strategies to target and secure same by giving priority to the core business objectives of the company
- Engage new leads produced by the marketing personnel with a view to securing the business
- Liaise with other strategic partners for prospective business, specifically pertaining to inspection/logistics, etc.
- Represent the company at events to secure new business opportunities and new accounts
- Follow up on enquiries from prospective or existing clients and opportunities from e-marketing & publication
Confirmation of Business
- Effectively manage client relationships and balance the need to maximize yield for the company in terms of price, payment schedule, etc.
- Maintain effective lines of communication and provide comprehensive reports on all such interactions
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations, examining risks, estimating clients needs and goals, etc.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potentials, financial evaluating options, resolving internal priorities, and recommending equity investments
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contacts requirements with business operations.
- Manage the process of issuing the necessary agreements, forms conditions and ensure prompt receipt of deposits.
Market Research & Development
- Carry out market research through industry contacts, publications, trade events and news to identify ideas for growth
- Research and develop new business opportunities to generate new accounts for the company
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Design strategies for developing new businesses with existing and potential clients
- Prepare and deliver effective and professional presentations on the company's services
- Develop, maintain and apply high level knowledge of the company's portfolio of services
- Discuss and consult with other managers on latest business trends with a view to introducing innovating products or services in future
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related activities, and tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
Coordination and Leadership for Business Development Activities
- Present to end consults with mid and senior level management on business trends with the view to developing new services, products, and marketing channels
- Work with team members to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Work with engineering staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff
- Present business development training and mentoring to the marketing and other internal staff as appropriate.
Contribution Towards Effective Business Management Operations
- Provide input to key strategic decisions and formulation of business strategies
- Contribute to medium and long term business planning
- Advice on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Participate in negotiations for major projects/loans/grants, when required
- Provide input on strategies to improve business performance
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Sales, or a related field. An MBA (Marketing Option) is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in line with the position's requirement with at least three (3) years relevant experience and training
- Additional functional experience preferably in Marketing, Trade Marketing or Finance is an advantage
- Must have experience in managing and leading sales and marketing teams
- Must have proven business analysis and judgement with the ability to proactively manage self to meet objectives
- Must have effective negotiation skills with the ability to influence service providers and key stakeholders
- Knowledge/Experience in strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills is desired.
- Must exhibit proficiency in the use of and experience with computerized information and accounting systems
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects concurrently is key
- Experience in coaching staff, in order to develop their skills and support them to deliver on their job responsibilities effectively and efficiently
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must possess attitudes and behaviors which shows respect for different cultures
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work in a company committed to continuous improvement and growth
- Must exhibit tact, thoroughness efficiency, discretion in dealing with company’s clients/suppliers, etc. at all times
- Must show initiative, creativity and commitment to a collective/team work approach
- Must have advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and proven aptitude in internet usage
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to work outside normal office hours WHEN required.
Ref. Number: 0977
Industry: Other/Not Classified
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Director of Maintenance (Aviation)||Details|
|Software Developer (Short-Term Contract)||Details|
|Broker Support Officer (Brokerage)||Details|