Our client, a Ghanaian media house seeks to hire a General Manager to provide leadership and strategic direction in the general management of the company’s operations.
Reports directly to: Group CEO
- Drive operational growth and excellence, and define and execute strategy across all aspects of TV operations for the achievement of the company's overall vision.
- Plan, direct and execute all strategy and operating activities by developing a strategic plan for the next five (5) years for the company-measurable every six (6) months.
- Achieve set financial targets
- Create a cohesive and results-oriented leadership team that works across functions for the common good of the company.
- Introduce performance management across the company to enhance productivity.
- Enhance employee engagement and manage the employee relations.
- Create, lead and manage a team that drives revenue generation and customer loyalty.
- Engage senior level contacts and business partners in government, and corporate entities
- Collate and prepare annual company budget for approval by the Group CEO.
- Full P+L responsibility, ensuring all customer numbers, revenues and targets are achieved
- Prepare relevant monthly reports on company operations.
- Present a positive image of the FM Channel and its sister stations, as progressive radio and TV broadcast network.
- Responsible for leadership and general management of the company
- Monitor activities of all stations and employees in order to achieve set targets
- Work collaboratively with all Heads of Department and Unit Heads on Finance, Human Resource, Administration and Corporate Communications, and General Services matters
- Manage relations with key stakeholders in both the public and private sectors such as; government agencies, auditors, suppliers, consultants, etc.
- Maintain contacts with national and international broadcast networks.
Requirement and Experiences
- A minimum of ten (10) years commercial experience in the Radio or TV/Broadcast industry with demonstrated ability to manage all facets of the business
- A minimum of a first degree in Business Administration or Engineering or an equivalent from a recognized institution. A Masters Degree in Business Administration is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years General Management experience in Radio or TV operations.
- Record of success in meeting aggressive targets
- Proven and demonstrated experience, and expertise in Sales or Business Development.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as influencing and good negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of leading a multi-disciplinary/functional team at a senior management level
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Director of Maintenance (Aviation)||Details|
|Software Developer (Short-Term Contract)||Details|
|Broker Support Officer (Brokerage)||Details|