Director General (Bilingual)
Our client, a non-governmental organization, specialized in promoting social justice, human rights, and governance, and based in Dakar seeks to hire a Director General who is capable of transforming ideas into actions and to deliver results.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing, supervising and providing reports on the management and development of the organization.
He/She will report to the Management Board.
- Propose a multi-year, programmatic, institutional and financial strategy to the Board of Directors and implement the latter.
- Provide guidance for the development and execution of projects.
- Develop the regional and international reputation of the organization and its presence in the region with respect to financial and operational partners and public authorities.
Planning, quality control and reporting on projects and programs
- Achieve results and outputs expected of the organization and measure them according to international and contractual standards.
- Ensure that evaluation and quality control methodologies exist and are implemented in line with the organization’s general and sectoral strategies, and in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Ensure that work plans are prepared, approved, implemented and respected. That reports are submitted within deadlines and according to agreed quality standards.
Human Resource Management
- Ensure that staff performance is systematically and regularly evaluated, and that talent is rewarded.
- Ensure that staff adhere to the values of the institution and develop a friendly working environment based on the quest for excellence, efficiency, and teamwork.
- In charge of the management of financial resources, ensuring financial sustainability and risk management.
- Conduct fundraising in line with the programmatic and institutional development strategy of the organization.
- Supervise the drafting of the institution’s financial strategy, conduct and control its implementation.
- Orient, control and approve the drafting of expenditure budgets (annual and project) proposed by the Department of Administration and Finance.
- Control and approve the operations and expenditures earmarked in the budget, following proposals from the DAF.
Requirements and Experiences
- Proven knowledge of regional issues related to media (including social media), human rights (notably the rights of women, youth and minors), democratic governance (fight against corruption, environmental management, migration), and the stakeholders involved.
- High-level managerial experience in project management in the above-mentioned fields; mastery of international norms and technical standards in project Monitoring and Evaluation (especially performance-based management).
- Exercise of these decision-making functions in a complex organization (multi-country; multi-project; multicultural; staff with diverse skillsets).
- Proven experience in the exercise of strategic leadership within a team and with partners (donors, authorities, CSOs-including media organizations, etc.).
- Good knowledge of donors and experience in negotiation and project drafting, etc.
- Experience in high-level institutional representation.
- Capacity to work (verbal and in writing) simultaneously in French and English.
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Polytechnic
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer (E-Commerce)||Details|
|HR Project Coordinator||Details|
|Managing Director (Logistics)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|