Director of Programs (Bilingual)
Our client, a non-governmental organization, specialized in promoting social justice, human rights, and governance, and based in Dakar seeks to hire a Director of Programs.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, planning, coordinating, evaluating and reporting on projects carried out by project coordinators and officers, consultants and partners.
He / She will report to the Director General
- Operationalize the organization’s programs and projects strategy.
- He/she is accountable to the Director General for the results of the implementation of the strategy, within the scope of the human and material resources put at his/her disposal.
- Contribute to and help define the annual and multi-annual programmatic strategy of the organization
- Contribute to the institutional development of the organization: strengthening human and financial resources, the visibility and recognition of the institution.
- Provide reports on projects for management
Designing of programs, projects, and activities
- Help organize and contribute to reflections on the general strategy by keeping up-to-date knowledge of the organization’s context of intervention (stakes and stakeholders)
- Prepare, animate and supervise collective strategic reflection and planning exercises (formulation of General Annual Action Plans of programs and projects by Project Coordinators); finalize and validate Action Plans, their coherence and their feasibility
- Direct and validate concept notes, framework documents, TORs of activities, etc., expected from the Project Coordinators relative to the projects and specific activities managed by the latter.
Planning, Monitoring and Coordination
- Ensure that project activity, and their different steps are planned with precision, following the appropriate schedule (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.).
- He/she will ensure that planning and monitoring tools are in place and well used; that the schedule is respected; makes sure corrective measures are identified and implemented; verifies and evaluates their execution.
- Supervise and manage project coordinators.
- Ensure that all expected results are evaluated, and the results obtained are demonstrated and that these evaluations are documented.
- Ensure that the effectiveness and efficiency of activities are documented. This is done by supervising the internal (PC, M&E) and external human resources in charge of these evaluations.
Human Resource Management
- Evaluate the performance of project coordinators
- Encourage and facilitate teamwork between staff, ensure that the values of the organization are respected, and contribute to the development of a corporate culture within the institution.
Financial Resource Development
- Assist with fundraising-drafting project documents; donor relations, etc.
- Propose or approve the budgeting of activities of projects developed, which he/she submits to the DAF for approval.
- Contribute to/supervise the drafting and execution of the budget of the activities implemented in the programs.
Institutional visibility and communication
- Promote the image and visibility of the organization.
- Draft communication materials (pamphlets, films, etc.).
- Represent the organization before the press, on social media and during events.
Requirements and Experiences
- Postgraduate qualification in Social Sciences, Political Science or Management of organizations.
- 10 years’ experience in top management positions and supervision of complex development projects
- Experience in management, animation and capacity building of large teams
- Perfect mastery and proven experience in project design (logical framework, a theory of change)
- Perfect mastery of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Experience in the direct management of operational budgets of more than 1 million euros per year
- Successful experience in fundraising
- Capacity to coordinate and organize work in a team
- Capacity to manage complex programs and projects (multi-country/regional and large multi-annual budgets)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to function in a system characterized by multiple and complex interactions (different actors of different levels…) and to handle unexpected demands and a heavy workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, capacity to motivate teams, interact with internal and external stakeholders, and work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent understanding, speaking and drafting skills in French (or English), good comprehension, speaking and drafting skills in English (or the other working language – French).
- Capacity to present their activities and those of the institution to different audiences
***Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
***Priority will be given to citizens from African and West African States
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Project Manager (IT)||Details|
|Managing Director (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Sales Manager (Oil & Gas)||Details|
|Production Manager (Agribusiness)||Details|