Finance Officer (Xero User)
We (Axis) are seeking to hire a full time Finance Officer to assist in the proper administration and management of the company’s finances and day-to-day operations, with a focus on reducing the cost of doing business and increasing profit margins. The Finance Officer will ensure that all finance and accounting entries are made accurately and with the right narrative. The officer will also support creation and publication of custom reports as requested by the Axis management team. He/she must demonstrate sound understanding of finance and accounting principles, and must be able to easily connect the relevance of his/her work to the business' operations. For very strong, supervisory-level candidates, part-time engagement may be arranged after initial, full-time engagement.
- Data Management - Financial data entry, reconciliation and monthly reporting
- Statutories - Calculation and payment of statutory payments within timelines (VAT, SSNIT, GRA etc.)
- Accounts Receivable - sending out invoices promptly, following up on payments and
- Accounts Payable – process all our payments and ensure timeliness in all our transactions
- Planning - Identify financial trends, and use data to support forecasting and budgeting
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration. A concentration in Accounting & Finance is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in the use of financial management software such as Excel is critical. Experience in using XERO is REQUIRED.
- At least 5 years of practical finance and accounting experience in a recognized institution known for adhering to best practices in finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications and in Internet research
- A valid driver’s license is essential
- A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Loyalty and ability to keep information in confidence is crucial
- A proactive and initiative-taking attitude and approach to business
- Strategic and analytical business thinking – an entrepreneurial mindset
- An understanding of statutory and payroll processing requirements in Ghana is key
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- An understanding of the start-up corporate context (its challenges and benefits), and a willingness to grow with the company
Company: Axis Human Capital
Industry: Human Resource Management
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 3
Educational Level: University
|Finance Officer (Xero User)||Details|
|Dean of Student and Community Affairs||Details|
|Business Development Manager (IT Infrastructure)||Details|
|Mechanical Engineer - Quarry and Concrete Products||Details|