Executive Director (Policy CSO)
A reputable, non-partisan civil society organization that works in the areas of good governance, sound policymaking, the rule of law and the promotion of an active civil society is seeking to hire an Executive Director (Policy CSO) to further the organization’s vision.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic leadership to the organization, building partnerships with like-minded organizations, and deepening the organization’s influence and contribution to the development community, the intellectual community, the funding community, and the policy nexus.
- Fundraising: Develop and implement fundraising strategies and mobilize resources to meet funding requirements of programmes and operations.
- Partnership-building: Develop and maintain relationships that contribute to, and influence policy decisions by the government and relevant, non-government key stakeholders.
- Sustainability: Work across sectors to execute creative strategies that ensure the organization’s financial and programmatic sustainability in the long term and develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the institution
- Research: Build the capacity of the organization to produce work that is of high intellectual and professional standard.
- Programs: Identify and develop programs that further the work of the organization in Ghana and beyond
- Operations: Provide managerial oversight in how the organization is run, build a solid team that reflects diversity, a strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to the organization’s values.
Qualifications and Competencies
- At least a Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Law, Governance, International Development, the Social and Management Sciences or Political Science
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar, senior role, with a proven track record
- The individual must be someone who has not publicly engaged in partisan politics and must not hold an executive position in any political party.
- Experience in engaging with and influencing governments, policy institutions and other key players in governance policies and legislation.
- Strong networking abilities, especially with local and national civil society organizations, bilateral and multilateral institutions, including regional and sub-regional groups.
- Very adept in fundraising, with strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship-builder with important stakeholder groups
- Demonstrably strong in organizational management, especially in the ability to manage change in a riskier environment
- Strong international orientation, and the ability to lead, engage, and collaborate with individuals across various disciplines, cultures and backgrounds, especially staff members, to achieve shared goals.
Ref. Number: 776
Company: Civil Society Organization
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)||Details|
|Senior Network Engineer- Routing & Switching||Details|
|Group General Manager (Hospitality)||Details|
|Business Development Officer||Details|
|Head of Legal||Details|