General Manager (Healthcare)
A venture capital-backed healthcare organization that focuses on growth and turnarounds is looking to hire an inspiring leader as its General Manager.
The ideal candidate will report to the Board of Directors and in partnership with the board be responsible for the strategic growth and success of the organization’s brand.
He/she will ensure that all relevant procedures concerning healthcare delivery are effectively deployed and must have a business mindset by seeing the “bigger picture” in various settings and circumstances and drive the organization’s development towards targeted goals.
Mission, Policy and Planning
- Assist the Board in determining the organization’s values, vision, mission, short and long-term strategic goals.
- Assist the Board in monitoring and evaluating the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency in serving the health needs of the public in accordance with the company’s expertise.
- Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the company and on all the important factors influencing it.
Management and Administration
- Provide general oversight over all operational and business activities of the organization to ensure they produce the desired results and are also consistent with the overall company strategy and mission across all branches.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans and ensuring their alignment with the organization’s short, medium and long-term goals.
- Maintain a deep and an unwavering knowledge of the healthcare industry and all other factors that affect the business.
- Ensure organizational stability and resilience through the development and implementation of both health and business standards and controls, systems and procedures and regular evaluation of operations at all branches.
- Work with the Board Chair to ensure that the Board fulfils its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance of the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Manage the Board’s due diligence process to ensure timely attention to core and pressing issues.
- Promote programs and services that are implemented in a cost-effective manner, employing economies of scale while maintaining high level of quality healthcare delivery.
- Lead high quality investing decisions to grow the business and increase profits.
- Promote financial health and stability of the organization by being conversant with financial management practices in order to support the Chief Finance Officer in decision making.
- Ensure an effective fundraising program by serving as the chief fundraiser or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity.
- Oversee the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations as well as hospital policies
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s business ethics standards
Qualification and Experiences
- A relevant Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Medical Management) or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in health management (five years in a senior management position).
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- Must be results oriented, a system thinker who is customer focused and goal driven.
Industry: Healthcare Services
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Interviewing
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Executive Director (Policy CSO)||Details|
|Business Analyst,SMS Data Solutions||Details|
|Head of Quality Assurance||Details|
|General Manager (Commercial Real Estate)||Details|