A limited liability Company owned by the Government of Ghana seeks to hire a Director, Legal, to ensure that the company complies with related legislation; is legally protected and that all transactions entered meet appropriate legal requirements.
- Advise and act on all legal matters including litigation.
- Advise the Board and management on the legal implications of all decisions and policies.
- Vet all documents including agreements that are provided as security.
- Institute legal proceedings on behalf of the company and represent the company at the courts on legal matters.
- Ensure effective processing of documents for governmental agencies e.g. lands department.
- Report on all recoveries to management.
- Ensure that appropriate and proper valuation is carried out on lands.
- Ensure that the Land Valuation Board rightly establishes rates of compensation to be paid.
- Ensure that appropriate compensations are paid promptly for lands and farms.
- Prepare and send demand letters to defaulting customers.
- Legally acquiring appropriate right of way for all transmission lines.
- Brief Management on the current situation of the Directorate.
- Develop and maintain a philosophy of management and corporate culture that foster co-operation, commitment, efficiency, accountability and productivity in the Directorate.
- Develop in collaboration with the Management Team, organizational and operational policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement business plans for the Directorate.
- Prepare all foreign and local agreements for contract sums covering funding agencies and consultancies, etc.
- Provide legal opinions on issues sought for by management and all other functional units of the company.
Qualification and Requirement
- Minimum of a first Degree or professional qualification in Law, BL, LLB.
- A Minimum of Twelve (12) years post-qualification experience. At least Eight (8) years of work experience should have been at Managerial level.
- Appreciation of the electricity industry and knowledge of utility management.
- Membership of a recognized professional body.
- May be expected to work for long hours beyond normal working hours and must be able to work under pressure and achieve results.
- Excellent skills and abilities in negotiation, coordination of work of senior managers, networking, interpersonal relations and communication.
Industry: Energy and Utilities
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|