HR Manager (Agribusiness, Kumasi)
An agribusiness company that manufactures and distributes livestock and poultry feed, feed input materials and animal health products seek to hire a Human Resource Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with consultants to review and design a functional HR system, complete with necessary policies, plans, and tools that will help the company to thrive and be strategic in its acquisition and management of talent.
The role requires a variety of skills, specifically experience in setting up an HR system, quantitative/analytical skills, solid writing skills, maturity and emotional intelligence, fantastic organizational/coordination skills, and research experience is critical. The ideal candidate will also have strong leadership skills and an understanding of the Human Resource function, especially RECRUITMENT, TRAINING, EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT, PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT, and COMPENSATION. Experience in Change Management will be an asset.
Desired competencies are outlined below....
- Create dashboards that analyze the progress and efficiency of the project.
- Manage the progress of assigned project components, reviewing timelines against deliverables, and mobilizing the team to execute accordingly.
- Anticipate and share challenges and project shortfalls, and propose alternatives and risk mitigation measures.
- Manage the project calendar and ensure that all internal and external stakeholders are informed of their tasks, deliverables and timelines.
HR System Setup
- Help to conduct research to identify the company's current status and needs through Focus Group Discussions, Surveys and other methods.
- Under the guidance of the Consultant, design policies, forms and all relevant documents covering all the HR functional areas
- Review the company's compliance status with the GRA and SSNIT
- Analyze research results and help the team to extract useful insights from the results.
- Write project reports that capture work being done, outcomes, insights, recommendations etc.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience in designing HR systems, have great interpersonal and management skills, and must reside in Kumasi. The position is AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY, and the project commences by the middle of January. (The role would be ideal for someone who is not currently working).
Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field, with at least 4 years' working experience in an HR role. A Master's degree in HR would be an added advantage.
- A strong understanding of business strategy and its interface with human resources management.
- Should be able to identify employee skills need gaps and analyse how to bridge them.
- Exposure to HR system software packages (HRIS) would be an advantage
Ref. Number: 1006
Job type: Contract
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Reporting and Analytics Manager||Details|
|Francophone Communications Coordinator (NGO)||Details|
|Senior Data Engineer||Details|
|Business Development Manager (Oil and Gas)||Details|