Regional Project Accountant (NGO)
A non-profit organization that supports social entrepreneurs and women empowerment across Africa, seeks to hire a Regional Project Accountant.
The main responsibilities of this role are twofold;
- Manage the day-to-day accounting function in Accra.
- Conduct regular monitoring and follow-up on a number of projects in the Africa region or global portfolio.
- Supervise the day-to-day work within the accounting function in Accra.
- Enforce and implement necessary accounting process controls to ensure quality and compliance.
- Ensure the foundation is compliant with national statutory reporting.
- Manage the finance and accounting systems in the Accra office (potentially including leading implementation of new accounting software).
- Lead the local audit/s including project audits.
- Provide support to the accounting function in Addis Ababa on an ad-hoc basis.
- Prepare and analyze monthly project forecast and yearly financial latest estimate (cumulative current to year-end position) and enforce associated budgetary controls.
- Prepare financial project reports to donors/partners as required.
- Provide support to Country Managers in the yearly budget process.
- Work day-to-day closely with the global finance team and respond to any additional assistance.
- The ideal candidate must have a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- ACCA / ICA qualified
- Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, with a minimum of 8 years overall work experience
- Previous experience of project management/ controlling is meritorious
- Structured, independent and able to take on ownership from start to finish tasks/projects
- Mature, balanced personality with the ability to maintain a cool head under intense pressure
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous international experience is meritorious
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer (E-Commerce)||Details|
|HR Project Coordinator||Details|
|Managing Director (Logistics)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|