Managing Director (Logistics)
A transport and logistics company seeks to hire a Managing Director, to transform the company into a leading transport and total logistics company in the Oil & Gas business in West Africa.
Reports to: Chairman, Board of Directors
- Ensure a high level of corporate governance in leading the affairs of the company and ensure compliance with ALL regulatory and statutory requirements especially in the licensing requirements for the company.
- Implement appropriate leading-edge technology in controlling and managing the assets and operations of the company
- Obtain a Bulk Distribution Licence for the company and leverage this license to expand the company’s business
- Develop and deliver on the company’s strategic plan in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the company and for the day-to-day running and management of the company’s business, under delegated authority from the Board.
- Implement all decisions, policies, and procedures made by the Board
- Develop and present the strategic and annual business/corporate plans to the Board for approval
- Report to the Board on progress against the strategic and annual business plans on a regular basis.
- Manage, motivate, develop and lead members of the Management Team by providing strategic guidance and best practice advice relating to the daily operations of the organization.
- Oversee the design and implementation of strategies and policies that ensure the delivery of safe, comfortable, reliable and profitable haulage services countrywide
- Develop and implement standards within all operational units of the company to enhance the company’s capability in the;
- Deliver high-quality services that meet customer expectations
- Research and implement high value-added services to the existing business of the company and adopt the best international industry practice and nationally approved standards.
- Lead in the operation of first-class training institution and consultancy services in road transport and safety management based on the company’s established expertise
- Manage resources efficiently and effectively to achieve the company’s objectives
- Take a leadership role in establishing or developing the company’s culture and values, ensuring harmony exists between strategy and culture, and the company’s processes and structure.
- Source for new business partners within Ghana and the West African sub-region and explore avenues for nurturing new businesses for the company.
- In liaison with Internal and External Auditing bodies, ensure appropriate audit checks and procedures are diligently followed to safeguard the interests of shareholders and the business alike.
- Develop and implement a risk management plan to ensure that the risk exposure l of the company are mitigated in a timely manner.
- Interact and keep update with best international industry practice and developments and advise Board accordingly in improving operational efficiency.
Requirement for qualification
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. A Post Graduate qualification in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport would be advantageous
- At least 10years work experience in logistics/supply chain/transportation function which involved strategic leadership and management in the transport and logistics industry with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
- Knowledge and/or experience of the downstream oil and gas logistics sector
- Ability to acquire industry intelligence analyze trends in the oil and gas logistics sector
- Strong leadership qualities with a high level of integrity
- Astute commercial leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply Health & Safety Regulations in downstream oil and gas logistics sector
- Ability to research and implement leading-edge technology in the management and control of the operations and assets of the company
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office Suites
Industry: Other/Not Classified
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Sales/ Business Development Managers & Officers||Details|
|Chief Finance Officer (E-Commerce)||Details|
|HR Project Coordinator||Details|
|Managing Director (Logistics)||Details|
|Executive Director (Leadership Fellowship)||Details|