Country Human Resource Manager - Bilingual
A pan-African research network, that conducts public attitude surveys on democracy, governance, economic conditions, and related issues in African countries seeks to hire a Country Human Resource Manager – Bilingual.
The incumbent will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Recruitment & Selection
- Oversee recruitment of all local staff posts to ensure all vacancies are filled with the right people in a timely manner. This includes job identification, assisting job description preparation or review, staff vacancy request, vacancy announcement, shortlisting, setting up interviews, reference checks, employee contracts, and induction.
- Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies.
- Ensure that orientation is conducted for each newly hired team member.
Performance & Talent Management
- Manage and coordinate the performance review process of employees and ensure that a robust performance management system is established that is progressive, rewards hard work and excellence, and promotes a great place to work for employees.
- Lead the establishment of time tracking systems to ensure that all time spent on projects are tracked, recorded and analyzed for the purposes of meeting donor requirements and at the same time provide information for supervisors to assess.
- Conduct annual training needs analysis for all employees, plan and deliver trainings to address performance gaps.
- Provide coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on all HR issues, promote fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing, disciplinary, and grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization.
- Maintain and help formulate HR policies to govern the conduct of employees, particularly the development of a handbook of policies and practices to guide employees.
- Manage employee communications and feedback through such channels as team meetings, suggestions, and one-on-one meetings.
- Monitor and analyze short and long-term sick leave and other periods of absence, enforce Group policies and discipline, and advise line and senior management and employees on required actions.
- Manage social issues concerning staff such as births, marriage, bereavement, exit, etc.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and to promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
Compensation & Benefits
- Ensure that compensation policies are equitable and fair across all employees in various job categories.
- Ensure country staff are covered on all relevant insurances.
- Review salary scales & benefits packages and benchmark against the market on an annual basis.
- Ensure all merit-based pay increases are done as and when required.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ of experience working in an HR generalist management role.
- Must have exposure working in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement organizational HR policies and practices.
- Experience in an HR specialist function, organizational design, performance management, reward management, recruitment and selection, training and development.
- Must be a professional member of IHRMP, HRCI, SHRM, etc.
- Demonstrated skills in developing strong interpersonal relationships and an ability to communicate and build relationships between various groups in a diverse community.
- Must have an interest in the mission of the organization.
- French oral and written skills essential.
Ref. Number: 1059
Industry: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 6
Educational Level: University
|Reporting and Analytics Manager||Details|
|Senior Data Engineer||Details|
|Country Human Resource Manager - Bilingual||Details|
|Business Development Manager (Oil and Gas)||Details|