Senior Data Engineer
Our Client, who delivers asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services, seeks to hire a Senior Data Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitates deeper analysis and reporting by the Data and Analytics department.
Management and Strategy
- Oversee activities of junior data engineering teams, ensuring proper execution of their duties and alignment with the vision and objectives business.
- Provide senior-level contribution to a team that is responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business’s data platforms.
Collaborate and Support
- Work with data analysts, data warehousing engineers, and data scientists in finding and applying best practices within the Data and Analytics department as well as defining the business’s data requirements, which will ensure that the collected data is of high quality and optimal for use across the department and the business at large.
- Participate in designing and providing insights and guidance on database technology and data modeling best practices.
- Retrieve and analyze data using SQL, Excel, among other data management systems.
- Build data loading services for the purpose of importing data from numerous disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational databases
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms that are used for exploratory data analysis and real-time analytics.
- Oversee, design, and develop algorithms for real-time data processing within the business and create the frameworks that enable quick and efficient data acquisition.
Knowledge and Opportunity
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the business’s data platforms through observations and well-researched knowledge.
- Keep track of industry best practices and trends, and through acquired knowledge, take advantage of process and system improvement opportunities.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior Business Leadership Teams.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology-related field. A masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have had at least 5 years' of working experience working in a data engineering department, preferably as a Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment and complex business setting.
- Must have a demonstrated experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL on big data platforms as well as experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure inclusive of relational databases such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark and column-oriented databases such as Redshift, MySQL, and Vertica.
- Must have had experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modeling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages, for example, Python, Perl, etc.
- Demonstrated machine learning experience and experience with big data infrastructure inclusive of MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, YARN, HBase, Oozie, etc.
- Demonstrate substantial experience and deep knowledge of data mining techniques, relational, and non-relational databases.
- Must further have exceptional skills in SQL server reporting services, analysis services, Tableau, Salesforce, integration services, or any other data visualization tools.
Industry: Renewable Energy
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Interviewing
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|Chief Executive Officer (Healthcare)||Details|
|Site Engineer(MEP)-Plumbing (Pipeline)||Details|
|General Manager (Healthcare)||Details|
|Site Engineer(MEP)- Mechanical (Pipeline)||Details|