Finance Manager (Oil and Gas)
An Oil and Gas company (downstream) seeks to hire a Finance Manager. The ideal candidate will manage all financial aspects of the company's operations while providing leadership and coordination for the company’s financial planning, debt financing, and budget management efforts.
- Establish and implement short to long term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Manage the preparation of periodic financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of appropriate accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis, and information reports.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports, and recommendations.
- Oversee daily financial operations.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and annual budget management functions.
- Prepare and review monthly budgets, revenue, expenses, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Prepare financial reports, profit and loss statements, monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data into the company's automated financial systems.
- Monitor and review accounting system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Direct and coordinate collections from customers.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
Human Resource Management
- Participate in the recruitment, training, supervision and appraisal of department staff.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives
Qualification and Requirements
- Must be an Accounting & Finance Degree holder.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICA).
- 5 years of professional Accounting & Finance experience.
- Preferable experience from the OMC/ Petroleum/ Energy Industry.
- Having an audit background will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to develop and deliver presentations to stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate team to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Willingness to work to flexible work schedules inclusive of weekends.
Company: Oil & Gas
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Interviewing
Years of Experience: 5
Educational Level: University
|Chief Executive Officer (Healthcare)||Details|
|Site Engineer(MEP)-Plumbing (Pipeline)||Details|
|General Manager (Healthcare)||Details|
|Site Engineer(MEP)- Mechanical (Pipeline)||Details|