Head, Fintech and Sales Strategy
A major player in the banking and finance industry seeks to hire an individual with excellent relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities, as Head, Fintech and Sales Strategy. The ideal candidate should also possess a strong understanding of digitization.
Overall Job Purpose - To identify and develop viable partnerships with identifiable clients which will bring medium-to-long term strategic value to the bank.
Sales Performance (Time split: 50%)
- Research new markets (greenfield) opportunities with a focus on identifying new strategic partnerships and growth areas for the bank, especially within the Telco, Fintec, Utilities and investor communities
- Review on-going strategic partnerships with existing clients with the view to deepening relationships, scoping out the value chain and unearthing new opportunities outside of existing solutions
- Lead business case development on new ideas.
- Conduct preliminary due diligence on specific opportunities to assess attractiveness and strategic value potential, in partnership with the relevant Business Heads.
- Assist in the communication of investment/partnership goals for each opportunity to the Managing Director.
- Assist in preparation of business cases, review materials, investment memos, and reporting/monitoring documents for discussion by Management.
- Develop key internal people to be effective partners for evaluation of opportunities, including sharing information on trends and business opportunities
- Structure compelling solution proposals to demonstrate a thorough understanding of each client’s requirements and objectives.
- Stay abreast of key industry trends to make recommendations on new revenue opportunities.
Digital Solutions (Time split:50%)
- Map digital capabilities to strategic priorities
- Develop and administer the digital project portfolio via a centralized monitoring of often-heterogeneous digital initiatives
- Measure new efficiencies and ROI via replacing manual processes with technology
- Be the “executive intermediary” during delivery. This often means enlisting involvement from other executives, re-establishing priorities, acting as a coach, or serving as tiebreaker during the rollout of digital capabilities
- Grow the digital capabilities of the Bank
Education and Experience Required
- A post graduate degree
- At least 10 years’ of Corporate or Retail Management Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in relationship management with strong sales and commercial acumen
Knowledge and Expertise
- Must be a strategic thinker, and with proven experience of working as part of a senior management team and leading organizational strategy
- Detailed knowledge of statutory and legal obligations relating to partnerships
- In depth understanding of Corporate/Business/Retail distribution strategies
- In depth knowledge of the local environment and business processes.
- Proven ability to find strategic partnerships that have led to increase revenue and contracts
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with high level executives
- Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a matrix team environment and leading with high energy and a positive attitude
Skills required to undertake the role
- Project and change management skills
- Presentation skills, with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
- Problem solving and investigation
- Team work and Negotiation
Job type: Contract
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Business Development Manager-Bilingual||Details|
|Organizational Development Support Officer||Details|
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Project Coordinator (Agribusiness)||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|