Deputy Principal (Secondary Institution)
A private girls' college that offers a perfect ambience for teaching and learning seeks to hire a Deputy Principal (Secondary Institution) to assist the institution educate girls to succeed in this fast changing and complex world.
- Develop and implement policies and practices which reflects the school’s commitment to high achievement through effective teaching and learning.
- Establish clear target for achievement in all subjects and evaluate progress through the use of assessments and records, and regular analysis of data.
- Establish and implement a variety of systems and processes which provides good information gathering about students prior to learning, their progress and achievements; and the quality of teaching and learning.
- Create and implement a yearly teaching staff development plan.
- Develop and set clear targets for teaching performance and provide opportunities for teachers to improve instructional processes
- Develop and set clear targets for teaching performance and success criteria
- Hold and lead regular meetings to keep teachers updated on decisions.
Teaching and learning
- Perform duties of a teacher
- Be a role model for high quality teaching and learning
- Be abreast with new developments in content and teaching style including; use of new technologies and train teachers on how to them.
- Engage staff in the creation, consistent implementation and improvement of the schemes of work.
- Provide leadership in the development of school curriculum and implement timely changes.
- Give necessary help and guidance to staff and orient new staff.
- Assist in the selection of textbooks and other resources.
- Assist school head in recruiting new teachers.
- Ensure staff are familiar with and follow all school policies related to reporting and disciplinary procedure
- Manage teaching support staff.
- Implement and use performance management to develop the personal and professional effectiveness of staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Qualification and Experiences
- A Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Psychology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant post qualification experience.
- A proven record as a teacher whose students reach high standards of learning and achievement.
- Experience in teaching SHS/IGCSE students.
- Must be involved in a leadership development of a school.
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 10
Educational Level: University
|Sales Training Manager (Insurance)||Details|
|Group and Financial Reporting Manager||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|
|Tax and Financial Accounting Manager||Details|