Group and Financial Reporting Manager
A leading player in the Banking and Finance Industry seeks to hire an experienced candidate with high integrity and an excellent track record, for the role of a Group and Financial Reporting Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller and Regional Office Finance Control, the overall job purpose is to provide leadership, direction and expertise in financial reporting, Group and management reporting, regulatory reporting activities; and to ensure that financial records and controls are in line with all applicable accounting policies/Group policies.
Management of the Group Reporting Process (Time Split: 50%)
- Ensure proper reconciliation is in place between Annual Financial Statements, Retails and Information Network, TM1 and SAP, as well as all sub-segments within SAP are correctly reported and reconciled.
- Ensure the integrity of all reported numbers
- Assure that audit, compliance and quality controls are maintained reporting
- Agree and pass all IFRS month-end entries into SAP on or before last working day of each month. Ensure all IFRS changes are identified and applied timely.
- Ensure that monthly impairment entries are in line with policy and fully reconciled
- Close mismatches/eliminations with all counter parties and attest in the Eliminations database on monthly basis within timelines communicated
- Complete HFM Sub-Analysis webforms for months that require sub-analysis
- Work closely with the Financial Controller in closing all audit issues
- Ensure all inter-company eliminations are performed by due date and any breaks are investigated and reported
Statutory & Management Reporting (Time Split: 30%)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of accurate accounting records and report preparation.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS/Group Accounting policies, regulatory guidelines and procedures in Group, Statutory and Regulatory reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and timely submission of accurate reports to the regulatory bodies–Central Bank and Tax Authorities.
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly statutory reporting, including newspaper publications.
- Lead in the preparation of year-end audited financial statements before end of February of each year
- Preparation of schedules required by both internal and external auditors.
- Set timetable and coordinate auditors requests in respect of both internal and external audits
General Ledger Oversight and Control (Time Split: 30%)
- Review reconciliations performed by the Financial Control team
- Actively participate in the Balance Sheet Review Committee's meeting and ensure the effectiveness of the committee
- Responsible for maintaining proper accounting records
- Responsible for ensuring accurate period end close and ensuring all month –end reconciliations are done
- Assist in balance sheet review and ensure all exceptional items are investigated and escalation process established and followed.
- Ensure mapping in TM1 and SAP are correct.
- Responsible for preparation for audits.
- Responsible for managing the closure of all audit findings, ensure action plans are in place and reported as necessary
- Ensure the timely review and approval of vendor invoices
Self-development Time (Split:15%)
- Develop and maintain own knowledge, expertise and professionalism
- Keep abreast of current developments in IFRS and the banking industry, including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, microfinance products and poverty eradication strategies through local and international networking activities
- Meet personal training and development needs through relevant professional and commercial training and networking activities
- Champion his/her own performance development
- Computer literacy, including Financial Applications and advanced excel (TM1, SAP), as well as up-to-date knowledge of technical accounting issues (IFRS, etc.)
- Strong numeric, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to view issues from a risk& control perspective
- Demonstrated ability to monitor profitability and efficiency of budgets based on profit and cost-center organization framework
- Demonstrated skills in forecasting, budgeting and analysis of variances
- Ability to supervise, train and foster the development of a team providing them feedback, support, and encouragement
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail, and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively translate ideas, concepts and information
Knowledge & Skills
- A relevant Master’s Degree, and Accounting Professional Qualifications, with a minimum of 7 years’ working experience
- Experience in setting financial objectives and developing strategies, policies and procedures
- Experience in management reporting in a financial institution
- Technical and practical skills in Financial Control
- Up to date knowledge of VAT, WHT and Income Tax
- Knowledge and experience in General Ledger reporting and controls
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Closed to new applicants
Years of Experience: 7
Educational Level: Post-graduate
|Director of Maintenance (Aviation)||Details|
|Head of Management Information (MI), Business Intelligence (BI), and Data||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|
|Learning and Development Manager||Details|