Learning and Development Manager
Our Client, a public-sector organization seeks to hire a Learning & Development Manager (Head of Training School), to provide technical and operational support for effective and efficient delivery of the internal/external learning and development needs of staff to help achieve the objectives of the organization.
Reports to: Director, Human Resource Management
Supervises: Learning and Development Team
- Identify, develop and market a suite of training courses to external audience in support of the strategic direction of the organization.
- Co-ordinate learning needs analysis process and develop a Learning Strategy for the organization aligned to the strategic plan, in consultation with stakeholders.
- Ensure development and delivery of the annual training calendar for staff of the Authority.
- Monitor, evaluate and develop training, learning & development initiatives as appropriate.
- Appoint, quality assure and manage contracts with external trainers and training providers.
- Conduct orientation and onboarding sessions, and supervise technical training for staff.
- Develop and maintain a Training School with lead responsibility as head, ensuring that relevant quality standards are met.
- Oversee the development, maintenance and expansion of an e-learning platform, e-learning courses and e-resource library as well as a conventional library, multimedia visual aids and presentations, brochures and training materials, as part of the training offer.
- Set and monitor standards of evaluation for training and learning and their impact on colleagues’ knowledge and practice, to deliver continuous improvement.
- Identify a suite of training courses for marketing to external audience and deliver training to other organizations per request in line with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Prepare L&D annual budget and other periodic reports for the Division
- Appraise the performance of subordinates
- Collate L&D inputs for the preparation of the annual budget of the organization
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Human Resource), Social Sciences, Educational Psychology, or a relevant equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution will be an added advantage.
- Membership of an HR professional body will be an added advantage
- A minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience, three (3) years of which must be in a senior management position in reputable institution
Industry: Other/Not Classified
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience: 6
Educational Level: University
|Director of Maintenance (Aviation)||Details|
|Head of Management Information (MI), Business Intelligence (BI), and Data||Details|
|Human Capital Director||Details|
|Learning and Development Manager||Details|