Freight and Logistics Manager
Our Client in the Aviation, and Oil & Gas industry seeks to hire a Freight and Logistics Manager to manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of Ghana in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, and to comply with relevant local and international laws and processes.
- Process complete packet of export/import documents, and place booking with local Ghana freight broker(s)/carrier(s).
- Perform cargo planning based on mode of transportation (Air, Water, Land & Multimodal).
- Maintain close communication & coordination with customers, overseas broker agents and warehouse staff.
- Adhere to complete shipping instructions based on processes and procedures.
- Record all information on incoming/outgoing shipments/issues/credits of aircraft parts, supplies, hardware, etc.
- Control company tools and calibration update on tools and perform computer data entry.
- Maintain a neat and professional workplace.
- Protect and preserve all assets of the company against damage, corrosion and contamination.
- Adhere to company Shelf Life Management Program.
- Maintain adherence to proper handling of hazardous material items.
- Generate purchase orders for consumable products on behalf of Lead Mechanic according to company procedures.
- Respond to expediting of Helicopter AOG parts, and materials.
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to import/export activities.
- Promote company’s Destination Zero initiative.
- Anticipate, research and report on future changes in import/export laws and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning resources and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Lead Mechanic and/or Supervisor of International Materials.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must have an engineering background.
- Must be DOT/IATA hazardous materials certified or able to become certified within 6 months.
- Attention to detail and thorough
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Previous warehouse shipping experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of International Shipping procedures and documentation.
Industry: Aerospace and Defense
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Open to new applicants
Years of Experience:
Educational Level: University
|Tax and Financial Accounting Manager||Details|
|Admin & Finance Officer (Brokerage)||Details|
|Freight and Logistics Manager||Details|